Thread: Error message While Installing CentOS

Error message While Installing CentOS

Hello friends, I am currently installing the fresh bought server on my system. The big problem is that I don’t have the CD drive on my system. Now I want to install CentOS on to the system. I am now installing it on the server. After installation it displays me the error message that Operating System Not Found. And I finally try to boot CentOS through the USB stick with CD on it. Still it is creating the problem for me. I had set USB priority to first in the BIOS but it still displays me the error message that Operating System Not Found. I also tried it with bootable CD. But still shows the error. Is there any different way to solve this error? Please help me.

Re: Error message While Installing CentOS

You should not simply copy your code from the CD to the USB stick. It will never boot to the system. What you want to do is to make the bootable image and then copy it to the USB device. You say that you don’t have the CD drive on to your system. Then how could you try using the bootable CD. I think you make use of the external CD drive. It won’t do any problem. Try to make the bootable image of your disk then do it.

If you need to create the bootable USB drive then renames your folder called isolinux to syslinux. In that then type syslinux -m –a, then type -d syslinux (should be in the next line). In last line type “device mode”. The device mode refers to the device entry of your USB drive. After this edit the name from isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg. Secondly to boot off your USB CD drive and BIOS, your system need to support the boot configuration.

My suggestion to you is to reinstall the Operating system. Then check for all the IDE connections, make it tight. The problem may also persist if your hard disk is damaged. OR the basic Input Output System that is (BIOS) may not detect the hard drive. OR also sector 0 of your hard drive may have the incorrect Master Boot Record (MBR). These are the problem that may display error message. Also keep in mind that your Disk corruption may also damage the Master Boot Record (MBR). Check it out. You may get some help from it.

The very same kind of problem persists with me. But I solved it. The trick is that take the hard drive out and then install that hard drive on to another system as the slave drive. With this slave drive I run the advanced scan disk on this corrupt drive then finally I replace back in to the original computer. It worked fine for me. Remember that if you try to install the second hard drive, then make sure that one drive having the Operating System should set to Slave drive and the other drive should set to the master drive. This may help you.

Dr. V Guest

Have you left the CD in your external drive? It is being checked by the system during the start up. If this is the case the system felt that you are trying to start it up directly from the drive. As it is not the system disk, then this can be the logical error occurring on your system. If this not the case then try to start the system from the system disk in any one of the drive. After this try access the hard drive C. if you are unable to view the hard drive in that position then your hard drive need to get replaced.