Thread: How to edit paper sizes/print settings on Mac OS X

How to edit paper sizes/print settings on Mac OS X

I am using the desktop computer system on which I have installed the Mac OS X operating system. Now I have one printer attached to this system and I want to have a default settings for the printing size for any printer. I am trying to run the kiosk on a touch screen iMac which will be requiring to print some receipts. So you guys must have understood it that whenever I boot up Mac OS X then it must be having printer setting for this non-standard sized paper.

Re: How to edit paper sizes/print settings on Mac OS X

I got that you have done it by defining the "Custom Paper Size" in the "Page Setup" dialog. Actually various printer drivers have unusual predetermined paper size depending on the printers abilities. The receipt printers with which I have worked does not contain any Mac printer drivers, so I have to control them straight from the serial port.

By default, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installs the software managing the printers used by your Mac (if applicable), printers nearby on your network, and models of printers and scanners currents. If, during installation of Mac OS X v10.6, you click the Customize button, you can either install just the software corresponding to the printers actually used by your Mac (uncheck all options Support printers, except for "Printers used by this Mac"), or install any software, printer and scanner available on the installation DVD of Mac OS X (choose all options Support printers, including "All printers available). For printer software was not installed during the installation process of Mac OS X, choose Software Update from the Apple menu, let it complete the process of "Search for new software" then connect your printer, or add it through the pane of the Print & Fax System Preferences.

The paper size can be modified directly in the application from which you print. The following instructions apply to most applications. For assistance regarding the location of the Paper Size setting in a specific application, thank you refer to the documentation of this application, help files or contact the application vendor. Set the Paper Size. This statement is used for both the printer driver and printer driver for the BR-Script.
    1. Select "Setup ..." from the File menu.
    2. Select the name of your printer from the Format and page size appropriate paper size.
    3. Click OK.

I suggest you to install the software which can have default printing profile so that you just need to enable the profile or set the default profile which would be having default settings as you set on it. You just need to type the perfect keyword in the google to search for such a software.

Enlarge the print function allows to adapt a document created in a particular paper size, A4 for example, for printing on paper sizes. The photo printing allows you to resize the page automatically according to the paper size selected. You can also resize the page manually. Click the Main tab (Main) and select one of the following Quality Option:
    • Draft (Draft) for rough drafts with reduced print quality
    • Text (text) for text-only pages
    • Text & Image (Picture & Text) for higher quality pages with text and images
    • Photo for a satisfactory quality and speed
    • Best Picture (picture above) to obtain an optimal print quality

Select the appropriate Type setting. Select the Size parameter (size) appropriate. To change the orientation of the print, select Portrait (vertical) or Landscape (Landscape) (horizontal). Click on the tab Page Layout (Layout), then select the checkbox Reduce / Enlarge Document (Reduce / Enlarge the document). Do one of the following ways:
    • If you've enabled the checkbox By Output Paper Size (For paper size), select the paper size used in the list box.
    • If you've enabled the checkbox By Percentage (Per Cent), select a percentage using the arrows.

Click OK to close the window of the printer settings. Once the above steps, print one copy on a trial basis and review the results before printing an entire job.