Thread: Macbook Pro 4.1 17 and Windows 7 / Bootcamp

Macbook Pro 4.1 17 and Windows 7 / Bootcamp

Hello,
    This problem refers to the commercial, licensed version of Windows 7 Ultimate which has the Mac OSX 10.6 Bootcamp drivers installed. I faced many problems since I have installed the Windows 7 Ultimate. Here is the list of problem that I am getting.
    1. I found that the Suspend / Resume does not work
    2. If I put the machine idle for some time then it should be suspended but instead of that the entire screen goes blank and the only way to make it functional is to reboot the entire system.
    3. I also found that the laptop become very hot when booted.
    4. There is inconsistency in the working of Apple Bluetooth Wireless keyboard. It is not possible to pair that.

I am very frustrated with all the above problems and not able to solve that. If you have any suggestion for any of the above problem then please post your suggestion to me so that I can resolve this. I will appreciate each and every helpful suggestion solution.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Macbook Pro 4.1 17 and Windows 7 / Bootcamp

There are many problems to with the Apple that it has to correct. The major problem that is has is with the Bootcamp and Windows 7. You should make sure that these problems are not occurring from the Mac side and check for the hardware for such problems. I have seen an article on this on internet that says that we should use the visualization if we want to run the Windows 7 on it. This is the only possible thing till the new updates are not released. I wish that this will help you solve any of the problem that you have listed above.

Among all the problems that you have told, I think that the overheating problem that you mentioned in the list is the most dangerous and this many also create some major problem for your system. I was facing the problem of overheating with my laptop and that was heated to a very high temperature. To fix that problem, I mounted the akasa thermal extractor on my laptop. It is great and reduces the temperature to a great extend. From when I mounted it on the laptop, I never faced the problem of overheating. You should also try this and I am sure that you are also going to like it. For more information about this you can click on the link below.

More about Akasa thermal extractor

You can use the Boot camp Utility that helps in Windows 7 Upgrade Installation Utility. This should be done before upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. This will unmount the read-only Macintosh volume that is on Microsoft Vista. Follow the instruction below to do that.
    1. First of all you have to download the Apple Win7 upgrade file from here.
    2. Uncompress the Zip file.
    3. Click on the arrow when you see "An unidentified program wants access to your computer".
    4. Click OK when it shows "Boot Camp Utility for Windows 7 Upgrade installation".
    5. When you see the "Preparation was successful", then click on OK button. This will restart your computer.
    6. After restarting the computer, you should check that Macintosh volume has been removed. You can do this by selecting Start > Computer and this should not show the Macintosh volume.
    7. Once you are finished with that then you have to upgrade installation to Windows 7.

There is possibility that your system is affected by he virus attack. Do you have antivirus software installed in your system? If not then install a good antivirus software in your system. If you already have the antivirus software installed then check that the virus definition is up to date or not? It it is outdated then it will not detect all the virus in your system. Scan the entire system with antivirus and repair all the infected file. If the file is not getting repaired then you can delete that file but make sure that the file that you are deleting is not a system file and you dont need that file anymore. Just try this before going for any other solution.

If you are using the older version of the Keyboard Software then also you may face the issues like this. You should update that to the latest version. To do that, First of all you have to make sure that the keyboard is connected to the Mac. Go to the Apple Menu and from there you have to select the Software Update. You have to install the Mac OS 10.4.10 software update from there. After that you have to run the software update again and down load the latest update. Or if you want to download it manually then you can do that from here.

You have also mentioned about the Bluetooth keyboard problem. To fix this issue, you can try to set up the apple Wireless keyboard once again. Many of the time in the cases like this, I have seen that setting up the keyboard again solves the problem. You should also check for the batteries. If you have not changed that from a long time then you should replace that with the new one. There is possibility that the power of the battery becomes very low and that is causing the problem for the connectivity of the keyboard. Click here and this will redirect you to the page where you will get the steps to setup the keyboard again.