Thread: How to change OS X load screen image or color

How to change OS X load screen image or color

I have been using the Mac OS x from past several years. I love this OS because of its user friendly and excellent graphical user interface. But for now I get bored due to the loading screen and its background color. From past 1 year I have been seeing the same load screen and the same color on my Mac. Yesterday my friend told me that you can change that screen. In OS we can do like this. There we can add our own animation or load wallpaper. But I don’t know about Mac. Is it possible to change the screen and the color in Mac?

Re: How to change OS X load screen image or color

I don’t have much information about changing the screen in OS x. but I have a little information about changing the color o that screen. You can change the color to any color of your wish. For this you need to find the exact file of the OS x. Just look for the following file on your Mac.
    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Configuration.plist
    In this file change the value or color by editing it.
    Root -> Colors -> FrenchBlue
    Changing color in this file means when you restart the computer first you will get the grey boot screen. After that common Blue screen and at the end any custom color screen of your choice.

Which load screen and the color you want to change on your Mac? Is it the Blue screen or the Login Screen? You can change the image of the boot up screen. This image is actually presented in the form of JPG file or some kind of animation file. First you will need to find that jpg file and then replace that will to any of your choice. In Mac if you go through the HD/Library/desktops pictures, you will see a file name called “aqua Blue.jpg. Replace this with your image file. You must rename the old file before replacing. Because the new image must be named as in the old image file before. This solution is only for the older version of MAC OS x.

If you are using the new MAC OS x 10.5 version then it is not hard to find and change the screen image file. Actually these files in the JPG format. This is compulsory to use the JPG format. Otherwise system wont recognize the image file when boot up. The file present inside in hardrive ---> system ---> library ---> coreservices ---> DefaultDesktop.jpg. If you are going to replace this image screen you must save you image file as the same name. i.e. DefaultDesktop.jpg. Only the computer administrator can replace this file. This is because it will ask authentication verification while replacing. So be sure to logon your MAC as administrator.

A far as I know you can change the start up screen of your MAC. But some MAC OS versions don’t allow us to change this screen easily. I am not aware what those versions are. What kind of blue screen is showing on your Mac? Solid Blue or Aqua Blue? If the Background contain Solid Blue then it cannot be changed easily I think. If you screen is Aqua Blue then you can change the Aqua Blue jpg file in the System folder.
    To change the color of start up and the shut down screen go to the following file:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ Configuration.plist
    And open it with Text editor; scroll down until you get the options to change color.