Thread: How to check HFS+ formatted drives?

How to check HFS+ formatted drives?

I have Mac Drive installed on my Windows XP. I have Mac Drive installed on my Windows, and up till now, my outer hard drive that is HFS+ does not come into view in My Computer. The drive appears in Disk Management but it says it is uninitialized and unallocated, and while I partition the drive as NTFS, the drive materializes. As well, while I created a HFS+ CD, it appears just well in My Computer on Windows! How do I fix this problem? Please give some information and tips too, which help me to know more about HFS+.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to check HFS+ formatted drives?

I have some information about HFSExplorer. It is an application which can read Mac-formatted hard disks and disk images. It can read the file systems HFS (i.e. Mac OS Standard), HFS+ (i.e. Mac OS Extended) and HFSX (i.e. Mac OS Extended with case sensitive file names). HFSExplorer permits you to look around your Mac volumes among a graphical file organization or system browser, take out files and copy to hard drive, view full detail about the volume and make disk images into the volume.

Make a note of that HFSExplorer is read only. You cannot inscribe or write to or change a file on an HFS volume from Windows with this tool. You can only make duplicate files or copy files more than from HFS. It appears like MacDrive7 does allocate writing at least that is what they involve on the website. I don't find an unambiguous or explicit feature of it.

I am containing this problem. My “Maxtor I one plus” hard disk is MAC extensive formatted. I can write and read in my Mac volume, so to use it in my laptop or in my computer with windows I set up the Mac drive version 7. But it does not identify the hard drive, nor can I see the hard drive in my computer. Then I arranged it with Mac drive and it act obtain formatted although cannot be familiar with it while I seem for it throughout Mac drive. Can anyone please recommend me where am I mistaken?