Thread: Trying to print from windows 7 pro running on mac os 10.6

Trying to print from windows 7 pro running on mac os 10.6

I necessitate to position up my printers (an HP Designjet 100, an HP Officejet Pro L7700, and an EPSON Stylus Color 1160) by means of the intention of presently run extremely off my Mac OS to run commencing my Windows 7 fundamental PC (which uses Parallels Desktop 5). They are the entire printers by means of the intention of run off a wireless network; on the other hand the Windows Add Printer "wizard" does not locate them. I observe with the intention of there are three substitutes to locating the printer(s), additional than I do not be familiar by means of how to utilize several of them. They are Browse for a printer, choose a collective printer by name, and add a printer utilizing a TCP.IP address or hostname. I believe I necessitate finding this information in sequence on the Mac “side” and entering it in the Windows "side" does with the intention of sound regarding right. How do I do this!

Re: Trying to print from windows 7 pro running on mac os 10.6

The Instructions for location up printers in Parallels be able to be originate in the Parallels manual, which is installed by means of the Parallels submission. Otherwise, give pleasure to position Parallels associated query on their as Apple discussions merely make available sustain or maintain for Apple products. I am not capable to get several print actions connecting mac and windows systems. The entire advice to date comes into view to encompass failed. Encompass MacBook Pro (10.6.4). The Printer is Canon MP830, associated via usb to windows system. Printer has been twisted on to sharing, and I am capable to share files connecting system, thus it is merely the printer competence that has failed. The Windows 7 set up is uncomplicated computer name "NAME", no password and merely the one user account.

When you have encompassed the printer associated via USB to a Windows system and shared, you not be able to utilize the Canon supplied printer driver. By means of this type of correlation you have encompassed to utilize moreover the Gutenprint driver suite or PrintFab. The Gutenprint is favorite for the reason with the intention of it is free and examination the maintained printers register for v5.2.3 which is contained by means of Snow Leopard, the MP830 is scheduled as a sustained or maintained model. So go release Print & Fax, select the print stand in line to the Windows share and open alternative & Supplies. Beneath the Driver tab you be supposed to encompass the 'Canon PIXMA MP830 - Gutenprint v5.2.3'. If you encompass 'Canon MP830' then you necessitate changing it to the Gutenprint driver.

I have accurately the similar issue as stressed_kate, additional than I have a Canon MP270 associated to a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit PC. I encompass added the printer utilizing Print and Fax settings, utilizing smb similar to this: smb://homeworkgroup/192.168.0.143/MP270 (<---- MP270 is the contribute to name of the Printer and homework group is the workgroup by means of the intention of together the Mac and the PC is on) I encompass utilized the driver "Canon MP270 series" commencing the drop down. I endeavor to locate the gutenprint driver, additional than might not locate for the MP270, so I had to stick by means of this one. I immediately get "Session Status: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER" and it would not print. Be able to anybody help. I feel I am actually close to discover the explanation here.

What kind of wireless router are you utilizing. Is your router in close proximity to your printer and if so does your router encompass usb ports. Do you have compriseddx or encompassed the most recent firmware for the printer installed. Are you capable to print commencing moreover system. Perhaps you be supposed to twist of sharing and print unswervingly to the printer, or reinstall the printer, by eliminating it then downloading the most recent software for the printer. If I associated to the router, what IP address would I cross the threshold in. I do not imagine the printer is wifi facilitated. It be supposed to be capable to become aware of the ip mechanically. The router is the merely one by means of the intention of gets the ip 192.168.0.1. The entire additional apparatus have the most recent digit greater than it.

I determine to endeavor Printfab to observe how it goes. In the intervening time, there is no method to download supplementary gutenprint drivers, or a free of charge substitute to Printfab. In addition, on an additional point, I am endeavoring to get the entire my PC and laptop, as well as my macbook hooked up to every additional, so they be able to do file sharing. I encompass managed this, and I be able to observe my macbook on my windows 7 Network thing, additional than on my macbook right at present I am having to go to attach to server commencing the Go menu in finder, then choosing the IP addresses. Is there a method to get it to demonstrate on the left hand pane in finder by means of the PC name, not the IP. Similar to it does when an additional Mac is on and prepared for file sharing. I too am having this accurate similar issue. I have attempt LPD and SMB protocols by means of no luck.