Thread: Is AHCI mode is better that IDE sata mode to install Window 7?

Is AHCI mode is better that IDE sata mode to install Window 7?

I just want an opinion about installing window 7 on my system. well I have motherboard of Gigabyte, has a processor of Intel core 2 Duo @2.9GHz, RAM 4GB(2x2), graphic card of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 and Hard drive of 500GB and this all working on nicely under Microsoft Window XP. I have confusion that is that possible to install Window 7on my Hard Drive on Solid State in AHCI or IDE sata mode.
    Everyone has different suggestion on whether or not AHCI mode id faster than SSD mode. I just want a best mode under which I can run my system under cool state. I don’t have any idea about that so please if you have any solution or information about that please share with me.

Re: Is AHCI mode is better that IDE sata mode to install Window 7?

First you understand the AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) mode describe a system memory for all hardware in which they exchange the data between host system memory and other devices. IDE (integrated development environment) mode is not support any TRIM command to run your system under its performance. TRIM command is the one who handle this all process. So as per your requirement you just install Window 7 in AHCI mode.

AHCI mode is the host controller interface which defined my Intel Company which defines the operation of serial ATA means SATA adaptor in specific manner. The important role of this controller is that it just exchanges the data between memory and other devices. For the connection with IDE you just know that TRIM command is not supported by this controller bus. So don’t install your window 7 under IDE mode. Try this will help you out from this mess.

TRIM command in computing allows OS to inform that a drive which blocks the data are no longer use and can be removed manually. It allows SSD to handle all garbage collection which involved all kind of blocks. TRIM command is no supported by the controller hubs if any device is configured in a RAID mode. So do as I say just install Window 7 in AHCI mode.

You must install your Window 7 system under AHCI mode because this plays an important role which transfers all data from memory to all devices and vice versa. But IDE mode not supports TRIM command which improve your system performance. So as per my concern you just forget about the IDE mode and install system under AHCI mode.

---- IDE (integrated development environment) is a application that provide facilities to computer programmers and normally consist source code editor, compiler or interpreter. This all feature you may get in AHCI mode. AHCI node support TRIM command which is useful to performance but IDE not supports this TRIM command. So think over this solution and install you system in AHCI mode. Try this solution which fulfills your requirement.