Thread: How to make hard drive non active in Windows?

How to make hard drive non active in Windows?

I am having an issue with the system of mine which is running with the Windows XP operating system. I have connected the hard drive of mine with the system but Windows makes this hard drive active and i can not access the same. That is i wanted to know "How to make hard drive non active in Windows?" So that i can disable the same an access the hard drive of mine. I know about the activating the same but don't know how to make is non active. If any one is having any idea about this then please let me know about the same so that i can access the hard drive of mine. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to make hard drive non active in Windows?

I am not sure about the same as i am unable to get the things by which you can disable the hard drive but try this out might be got it working with the same. Just reboot the command prompt and then to run the FDISK. Now look for the option available into the same and see whether you are getting any command which will let you know about the Activating of the hard drive. Just go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

Dr. V Guest

I have gone through the same and let me tell you that you can Run diskpart in the Dos command prompt in the Windows and then to use the help command which will help you with the available command that can make the system working with the hard drive as you wanted. So try the same and see whether it is working with the issue of your or not. As per my knowledge the "inactive" command will help you out with the issue that you are going.

I think i am having the solution for the problem that you are going through. I have gone through the same issue and tried the below given step to resolve the same. Just go through the same, i hope this will help you with the same.

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type cmd and hit enter
    4. Now Type "diskpart"
    5. Now Type List Disk
    6. Select the Disk to deactivate
    7. Type List Partition
    8. Select Partition
    9. Type "inactive"

This process will make the drive of you inactive. If you wanted to activate it in future go through the same procedure which will make this working perfectly.

I have gone through the detail of the same and tried the same and let me tell you that this is working for me. I have gone through the same and tried the step given by the Dolsy_bendal and it worked for me. But now i am having one more issue with the same. I wanted to know about "How to make hard drive faster?" So that i can boost the speed of the hard for better performance.

If you are using, such as Microsoft Office-like large-scale software, they should be installed to the C drive. If you are running your system with the lots of software installed then i will advise you not to use lots of stuff on the same. Use the one which is needed and you will get it working with the issue of yours. So clear the hard drive from the unused and unnecessary data and you will come to know that your hard drive become faster. So try this out and work with the issue which you are going through.

You can also use the TuneUp Utility which will allow the better performance with the system. It offer many feature which are listed below.
    • Turn off unnecessary functions and focus the team's overall performance in the active program.
    • Speed up boot time and response of their programs to obtain optimum performance
    • Keep up your PC: just click, will maintain the equipment and will care for greater stability
    • Get the most out of your computer and enjoy high speed when working and when you play.
    • Easy: remove quickly, reliable and hassle-free Windows problems or recover deleted files.
    • Individual simply: change the system configuration and design of Windows in an easy and safe thanks to the wide variety of designs that can be downloaded for free.