Thread: Unable to play youtube video in Linux

Unable to play youtube video in Linux

I have recently tried to play youtube video in my system with knoppix5.1 live CD. But I was not able play any video and there was an error message as “javascript turned off “ I am not able to find out the exactly issue with such error appearing. So I want to know how can I turn on javascript or there is need for flash player in my system please let me know the solution for the same issue.

Re: Unable to play youtube video in Linux

I think you need to have the latest flash player for your internet browser because it might happen that you are using older version of flash player. This can be one of the reason other than this you can try to set the setting for Firefox as Edit-->Preferences-->Content which might resolve your your video playing issue. I don't have exact idea about the javascript turned on or off.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 09-11-2010 at 10:30 PM.

I think you can try to use iceweasel browser in which you can try similar setting as mentioned as Edit then move to Preferences and see the Contents just see java setting and see if the javascript are enabled or not and if not set it to enabled. And download the latest version of flash player which will ensure video playing in your system. I think the issue can be with live CD which you are using for knoppix5.1.

I think this problem of youtube video not able to play is not the issue of your Linux system. I suggest you to go for the testing of your internet connection which might be not working properly at time when you are trying to play the video, so you need to check for the internet speed. Other than this problem can be with the browser which you are currently using with your Linux operating system you can try to use other browser for system and see if your problem is resolved after that and let me know the result which you are getting.