Thread: Want to restore ubuntu to default

Want to restore ubuntu to default

I have a laptop running on ubuntu with this my network card is running fine but yesterday i noticed that ubuntu is not detecting my network card. Being honest i should tell you that i have changed some setting of system and i think because of that i am getting this problem. Now i wanted to know that how can i again find my network card. If anyone having information on this then tell me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Want to restore ubuntu to default

I have gone through your question and I think you may not need to restore your ubuntu setting to the default, if you are having ISA network card. For that you have include eth0 to the “modules” and “interfaces” files and then again try to detect your network card. I have solved my problem by doing this in the same way and now my ubuntu is again start recognizing it. I hope this information may help you.

To restore your Ubuntu to the default you have to make changes in the user specific setting which is in the home folder. Open this folder /home/username/ -Files- to see all the hidden files and folder hit CTRL+H command the file manager. Look for this files .gconf, .gconfd, .gnome, .gnome2 delete them from the folder and then at the end log out and log in again, you will see all the default files are created again. Thus it will reset all you default settings.

I am not agree with the above reply, because I think that resetting will only reset all your specific settings, this will not fix your network card problem. In my point of view you should first check that your driver that is still loaded or disappeared. You can use sudo lsmod command for checking the network card is present or not, if it not there then I think you should again reinstall the driver for the same. If you are having any other query then reply me.

I was getting the same problem with my network card that is after installing the drivers for the same, then also i am getting its notification. Then one of my friend who is a computer technician help me to solve this issue. As he know everything about the computers and different operating systems. I will advice you the same to make contact with the local technician on this. That will help you to understand exact reason for this.