Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want to run executable file

Operating Systems

Old 09-11-2010

Want to run executable file

I am having a laptop running on the Linux platform. On yesterday i was trying to run Nvidia drivers from the console in my ways but i am not succeed. I wanted to know that how to run Nvidia driver from the console. If anyone know how to run this executable file then then please tell me. Any suggestion will appreciate.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jagadbandu : 09-11-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2010

Re: Want to run executable file

If you want to run the .exe file on Linux then, I think you should use software called wine-door. This software is originally this kind of desktop environment, using this software will make easy for you to install various windows applications. And before install this first install the wine software then go for Wine-door. I hope this information may help you.
Old 09-11-2010

Here I have given you an example of a file about how to run it. Open command prompt and go to the directory /user/bin. After this for executing your program type the /user/bin/ and the file name you want to execute you can also go to the directory and type the file name. And then run this command from there. If you are having any other query then please reply me.
Old 09-11-2010

First you have to check the file permission by typing the ls-l command. After giving this command you may get this kind of permission -wx-rwx-rx about the file. In this command X represents the permission of the file to execute. If you are not getting x in this permission then you can execute it. Then to run the exe file you have to open the command prompt and type the command /path/to/executable/name_of_programe1 to run the file. I think by doing this you run your file.
Old 10-11-2010

I don?t think, that you can run executable files on Linux to run executable file on Linux you have to use VMWare to install Windows operating system to your machine and then from that you can run .exe file. If you are using WINE for executable files then you should be careful to about your machine, because I think that it is not great application for Linux.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,