Thread: How to retrieve data from the failed OS X partition using windows XP

How to retrieve data from the failed OS X partition using windows XP

Hello I have a business of computer repair and service center and also we deals with the latest device which are recently launched into the market include apple product, Microsoft and all the leading brands in the market. Recently I have a customer who has a problem with his macmini which is running OS X. He has a problem that his system is not booting into the OS and freezes during the boot process. He has very critical data on the hard drive which he wants to retrieve. We have taken his device to retrieve the data and we have tried many things like when we install the OS X cd the hard says no problem but after connecting to the computer and tested it using bootable cd IBM Drive Fitness Test and Seagate Seatools then the drive fails both the tests. As he wants to retrieve the data so we have connected it to the data transfer system then the system has detected the disk management but didn’t recognize the partition on to the explorer. WE have searched online for the solution and find HFSExplorer but that also fails to detect the partition on the macmini. It just crashes after getting a run time error in Java which displays a message that the source cannot be accessed and the computer again failed to detect the partition and it started again after shutdown. Found a restore service in the MACDrive program. Running that fallout in the fault "80070002: The system cannot get the file which is specified." I am out of ideas at this point. Anyone have any advice?

Re: How to retrieve data from the failed OS X partition using windows XP

As you have stated that your drive is failing the tests you have performed on it. I think it has some very serious cause on the drive which needs to get in the contact of the professional data recovery firm. If want to perform the action by yourself then it needs a software as there are many software available in the market which can solve the problem. So I would like to suggest you to search some software which is able to recover the data and you can get the desired solution.

As your macmini is failed to recover the data after many test you have performed on it. I think you should use some special software which are made for the data recovery from the apple products. I have software which has done the recovery many times on the macbook, macbook air and on many other devices which are from the apple. The software is named as Drive Genius 3 it can runs as a 64bit application and contain many new features. It has a feature called drivepulse which monitors the whole drive by altering you about the issues before they become major problems. It is the best utility for the mac platforms a fresh consumer interface, DrivePulse64-bit, improved Defrag RAID Support, improved Repartition, Scan and Email notices are only a little of the award-winning features of Drive Genius 3. Usually, hard drive repairs and management has been hard, time-consuming and perplexing. In many belongings, people omit this serious activity which sometimes leads to disaster. Gratefully, Drive Genius 3 creates these boring odd jobs effortless, quick and simple.

As you have described that you want to recover the data from the macmini. For doing the same you have performed n many tests and didn’t get any solution yet even you have searched for the solution of this issue on the net also no solution. I have software which can solve the problem which you are facing to recover the data. As I was also having the issue something different from you as I have deleted some files from the system accidentally and then this recovery tool was very helpful to me to get those files back So I think using this tool may be a solution for the problem you are suffering. Data Rescue 3 is the finest hard drive and folder healing software for the Mac. Data Rescue 3 performs its task even when you’re hard drive stop working to mount or boot. Data rescue is mainly utilized hard drive healing software for the Mac. Data Rescue is even utilized by data recovery experts, forensic recovery squad and IT team worldwide. Data Rescue is very simple to utilize removed file which mainly happens accidentally and hard drive recovery.

I think the cause you are suffering from is due to the damaged of the hard drive. There are many paths to store the data into the hard drive. The data can be stored into the hard drive through many sources like removable hard drive, CD, DVD and many other storage devices. As there are many methods to store the data into the hard drive and the data can be lost any time. Due to which the computer can be damaged which may be logical or any physical damage. Logically the damage will be due to virus attacks which are transferred by portable data drives. To recover the data from such hard drives there are many tool which are used to recover the data from the hard drive. Which I am describing below:
    • Data Backup PC
    • Data Backup 3 – Mac
    • NetWare Client for Mac OS X

I think you should try booting using the OS X install CD but do not run the AHT but run the Disk utility and then check the hard disk if you have get the boot on the OS X or not if not then try booting through the target booting mode which is depend on the macmini and connect that mini as an external drive to a computer which may be able to access HFS disks. I think this may be helpful to you.