Thread: Unable to download GParted

Unable to download GParted

I am using system which has latest Ubuntu as default operating system and it is dual booted with Windows vista. I have Dell laptop with dual core processor, 2 gigabyte of RAM and 300 GB hard disk and the hard disk is portioned into 2 x 150 GB with vista running on it. I things I want to do with my system configuration is that I want to resize the partition and provide Linux much of the partition size for which I want to re- install. I don’t have exact idea what to do and which application to go for to do the require partition in hard disk, so any technical solution regarding this issue will be helpful.

Re: Unable to download GParted

I think you can have multiple choice of application to choose from, I think you should use GParted for repartitioning in your system hard drive. GParted is a graphical partition editor which can be used for creating, rearranging and erasing disk partitions. You can partition into one or more divisions and GParted application permits you to modify the partition organization on your hard disk while protecting the contents of the partitions. The GParted partition makes use of GNU libparted for identify and operate devices and partition tables. So this can be the application which you can use to resize your system hard disk and give Linux most of the partition size.

Yes suggestion from above post is right as GParted application is most appropriate for performing resizing of your hard disk size. As GParted provide with lots of features such as:
    1.Using this application you can create partition tables (e.g., msdos, gpt)
    2.You can execute events with partitions such as:
    • You can Create or delete the partition
    • You can resize or shift while conserve data.
    • You can perform Copy and paste.

3.Operate file systems such as:
    4.You can Enable and disable partition flags (e.g., boot, hidden)

You can have many applications using which you can perform the resize or partitioning of your hard disk, such application which work under Linux are:
    1.Cfdisk - current version which you can use is 2.12r.
    2.Parted - It is free partition editor.
    3.Parted Magic - It is operating system independent and it is a Live CD environment.
    4.KDE Partition Manager - It lets you to simply create partitions, copy or move, delete partition, resize exclusive of losing data, your backups and repair partitions.
    This all applications can be used in your system for doing the partition in your hard disk.

I have tried to download GParted application for performing the partition work with my hard disk using this application as per the suggestion above. But when i tried to install it in my system under Ubuntu it smoothly load till 15 to 20 percent after which it just stopped loading any further, so i am not able to fix the issue yet. So if anyone having any solution to resolve this problem please let me know the reason and the solution for the same.

I think this can be your internet issue other than this you can try out the following command using which even if the download discontinues in any time, after subjecting this command loading will again re-started from the point it stopped and there is no need to start with the download again.
    Code:
    wget -c http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/0.5.4-1/gparted-live-0.5.4-1.iso/download
    I think after this command you will be able to download GParted application on your system for partition work.