Thread: How to Disable Remote Access Connection task in windows 7

How to Disable Remote Access Connection task in windows 7

I am regular computer user. I spend most of time in front of the PC. Due to this some time I will not turn of my computer for several hours. Everyone does like this when they want to get touch with the computer for every minute. Some day at morning time my system has been gone for idle or sleep mode. It will not work nearly 10-20 minutes. Later I found that a program called RAC Task has been running when the computer started up again. Does anyone know about disabling this program? If any tips to reschedule the program time will also be helpful.

Re: How to Disable Remote Access Connection task in windows 7

I am also using the Windows 7 every day on my computer but I didn’t get any kind of problem yet. As I asked about this RAC program to several of my friends and they told me that it is not Windows & program. I think you it was installed on your system with or without your knowledge. I want to know that are you running any kind of Remote Access Program? OK. Can you see the RAC TASK process on the TASK MANGER? If get it then right click on it and select “Go to Process” . There you will find the name of the program. Right click on it and choose to OPEN File Location. Now you will get the Folder which contains this program. Open the program and look for the option to disable or reschedule.

As I have gone through your problem I noticed that RACTask is the Windows7 program or part of the program. It is the Microsoft Reliability Analysis task to process and verify the system reliability and consistency. I think you are facing this problem not because of this but because of some kind of Driver or Hardware issues. I think it might be the problem of your Graphic Card or the Hard Drive firmware. Open the Task Manager and look for the CPU usage status. Are you getting any error when handling the freeze issue?

The Remote Access Connection or RAC manager is the part of the Windows 7 services. It will manage the dial-up, internet and VPN connections. If your computer id connected to LAN via router then this service can be disabled. Also if you don’t want any VPN connection then also you can disable it. Because the RAC Manager depends on this kind of services. To manually disable these services go to Control Panel> Administrative tools> Services. In this window there are several services including both the manual and the automatic. Here you can disable any service or can setup the start Dely. make sure that there several services running and while disabling them know about them perfectly.

The RAC Manager handles may kind of network related operations such as request from other computers means remote computers to access your computer for some of the task. The program checks the permission file before granting the permission to access. It is not the perfect program so it cannot block all unauthorized users. If you disable this service the remote computers cannot access your system even the unauthorized users. You can disable this service using the command line. To do this
    Click Start>Run type cmd, click ok,
    In the command prompt windows go to C:\ and type the following text
    sc stop rasman & sc config rasman start= disabled
    Then press Enter.

I think that there is no options like to reschedule the RAC task. The RAC task won’t freeze the system at all. But you can disable the service if you want. Fallowing mentioned steps may solve your system
    • Click start ad type service.msc in the Start search Box.
    • Select the Services icon in the program list. In order to open this you may need the administrator password
    • Right click on Remote Access Connection Manager Service the then click properties.
    • Click the Manual which is next to the Start Type in the General Tab.
    • Then click Stop under the Service Status. Click OK.