Thread: Windows 7 print driver for brother mfc 8440

Windows 7 print driver for brother mfc 8440

I own a small office for my business. I have two desktop PCs and the all in one, multifunction Brother MFC 8440 printer. This printer saves lot of my work time by doing several of the work at one side. The problem is I was running the Windows XP on my both PCs. Yesterday switched my one of OC’s OS to windows 7. After switching I have noticed that the printer doesn’t working with windows 7 whereas it was working with windows XP perfectly. So I need to install the drivers for Windows7. I do not want to change the printer and also I don’t want change the OS again. Can anyone tell me where I can find those drivers?

Re: Windows 7 print driver for brother mfc 8440

I understand your problem. The brother MFC 8440 printer has a lot features which attracts the user and avoids him to change the printer. The printer works well with Windows XP and vista. Re-install the driver which you were installed before and also their updates if available. Find the several types of drivers that are nearest and nearly comparable to 5 in 1 models of brother MFC 8440 which are compatible to Windows 7. Install those drivers if possible. If any luck you get the printer as in working condition.

The brother MFC 8440 printer has most usable 5 features that are print, copy scan, Fax and PC FAX. You can use this product for share printing, scanning and faxing. With optional product you can connect it network. Because of these lots of feature it is mandatory to have the correct drivers installed on PC. Otherwise it won’t function perfectly. I think you can get the drivers for both 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7 versions. Just open the brother solution website and take a look on it.

If you cannot able to find the brother MFC 8440 driver then the Microsoft Windows Compatibility center provides the required driver for Windows 7. It is not possible to tell that the all the product regarding MFC 8440 will work with these drivers. If really want to check it then go to the Microsoft official website and download the drivers. I hope these drivers will work.

I don’t know about whether the Brother Company has created the Windows 7 drivers for MFC-8440. But I heard several issue about MFC-8440 printer using in Windows 7. Some says that the in network level the printer no works good as in standalone mode. I think in network level there is no scanning and PC faxing features. For this you will need to plug the USB cable to the PC. By chance you have successfully installed the drivers. Is it possible for you to install the PC suite software to windows 7?