Thread: Unable to connect the visioneer 8700 usb scanner with windows 7

Unable to connect the visioneer 8700 usb scanner with windows 7

I have recently purchased a brand new USB scanner, I took visioneer 8700 usb scanner and tried to connect it to my system but unfortunately my system is failing to detect the same. I don't know why it is not connecting with the system is there is that operating system problem. Please help me to solve this problem and try to make it as soon as possible since i have to connect and use the scanner for my office work and due to my work is pending. For your information, i am using the windows 7 operating system and the Intel core i3 processor.

Re: Unable to connect the visioneer 8700 usb scanner with windows 7

I guess that there must be compatibility issue that you are facing here . The thing is that if the scanner is compatible with the windows 7 operating system than the system will not detect the same. So what you have to do here is try and connect the same scanner on any other system with any other operating system and see whether the system detects the scanner or not it if detects the scanner than there is definitely a problem with the operating system that yo are using. If you have to use the same scanner then you have to just change the operating system of yours. I am sure that changing the operating system will definitely help your cause.

i have gone through your problem and it seems to me that this error normally occurs when the drivers are not installed. Make sure that when you connect any of the external device to your system than the drivers should be installed properly. The drivers connect the device and the operating system and then the device is able to work. Now here it may have happen that you are trying to connect the scanner without the installation of the driver. So install the drivers associated with the scanner without fail. I hope this will solve your problem.

I thing you are facing this issue because the drivers are not properly installed first of make sure that you install it . You will get the drivers with scanner it self. I guess you have purchased the scanner recently and must be having the disk that they provided with it. It is nothing but contains drivers related with it so try and do one thing just install all the drivers required from that particular disk and i am sure it will definitely help you to solve your problem.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending the vital time for finding the solutions. The thing here is that i have installed the drivers and still getting the problems. Still i am not able to connect the scanner with my system. Please help me in solving this problem and also let me know from where i will get the actual drivers because i guess the driver which i installed are not proper.

It seems to me that there is the problem with the USB ports of yours. As mentioned by you that you have installed the drivers correctly than there is the only chance remains and that to of the usb ports. Do one thing try and connect any other usb device with the system and if it will not detect that also then there is definitely a problem associated with it. So what you have to do here is that just check out whether the USB drivers are installed properly or not you can check this by going in the system properties. I hope that installing the USB driver will help you cause.