Thread: Dell optiplex gx280 sound driver for windows 7

Dell optiplex gx280 sound driver for windows 7

I have recently purchased an Dell optiplex gx280 desktop and it is serving me the best. Initially there was windows XP installed in it. The windows XP was already being installed by the retailer and provided to me. And now when upgraded it to the windows 7 and now i am not able get any sound output from my system. I don't know what is wrong with it no sound device is working with it also i am not able to play any music and also if i play the video they are mute. The thing is that one of mine friend told it must be a driver problem. Please help me to solve this problem and also let me know from where to get the driver associated with it.

Re: Dell optiplex gx280 sound driver for windows 7

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the driver is missing on your system. I have already gone through this phase and sure that you are also facing the same. Actually in this case the sound driver of your system is missing and you have to install it on to the system as soon as possible. The thing here is that you will get the driver from the motherboard disk which have given to you by the retailer. What you have to do here is that just insert the motherboard disk which has all the drivers stored in it, After inserting the disk in the CD ROM and then open it and install the sound driver on your system. I hope that this will help you to get rid of your problem.

If you are not getting any sound from the speakers and then if you are confused regarding the driver whether they are damaged or not then there is the way from which you can check whether the driver is present or not. According to me you cant really assume that the driver is corrupted or uninstalled without checking it properly. Here are the steps that will let you to know whether the drivers are present or not.
    • First of all right click on the My computer's icon
    • Then you will see the system properties window
    • In that window you will find five tabs General,Computer name, Hardware , advanced, Remote.
    • From these five tabs you have to select the Hardware tab.
    • Now After clicking on that Tab you have to select the Device manager option.
    • After clicking on option you will see a new window that is the device manager in that you will notice all the components of your system.
    • If there is a yellow question mark on the the sound icon than the driver is missing and if not then driver is present.

I hope that this will help you to check the drivers of the system.

I was also facing the similar problem with mine Dell optiplex gx280 i was not getting the audio output and after checking i found that the sound driver was missing and i feel that you are also going through the same face. Now what you have to do in this ace is just follow the link mentioned bellow and then download the driver you want for any particular operating system. As mentioned by you that you that you are using the windows 7 operating system then this is the perfect link to follow. http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False Just clock on it and then download the driver you want and then you have to install the same on your system. I am sure that it will work for you also.

First of all thank you all of you for for considering my issue and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution. But the thing here is that i have still not able to solve the issue, As said i check whether the driver is missing or not and i found it missing so i tried to download it and successfully downloaded it. And after the installation of the driver i am still not able to solve the problem. I am not able to understand the problem and also frustrated a lot. Please help in this case and then let me know how to get rid of it. I think that there might be a problem in the media player or something. Please help to fix this problem.

According to me there might be a problem with the speakers that you are using. so what you have to do is just try and check out the audio with the different speakers. If the other speakers will work and and give you the sound then there is definitely a problem in the speakers that you are using so replace it with the new one and get solve your problem. If you will not get any sound from the other speakers then there might be a problem with the media player that you are using. Just uninstall the old one and try and install any latest and updated media player on your system. I hope that this will help your system.

It seems to me that there is some thing wrong with the file that you are trying to play also it may have happen that the media player that you are using to play that file is corrupted. Now what you have to do in this case is just try and play the same file in any other system if the file doesn't play in the other system also then it is damaged and if it does than there is ultimately some thing wrong to your media player. I hope that installing the latest media player will resolve this issue.