Thread: Window tiling and notification feature in KDE 4.5 beta

Window tiling and notification feature in KDE 4.5 beta

I am currently using the KDE 4 desktop application on my system but recently heard about the beta version for KDE 4.5. But don’t have exact knowledge about its features and other functionality it provides I want to know if it contain all the things which were provided by current version that I am using and additional features which are included in the KDE 4.5 beta version. So if anyone having information about the KDE 4.5 beta version please provides me with the information which might help me to decide that I can go soon to release KDE 4.5.

Re: Window tiling and notification feature in KDE 4.5 beta

The KDE 4.5 update brings several enhancements in the environment constancy, performance and functionality with great user interface. It has the KWin window manager and it has Plasma desktop shell both expanded some mostly important new features. The section notification region in the Plasma shell has been repaired for simplifying the approach in which notifications are offered. But still it is a beta version, So you might see more improvement in features and functionality when it will finally release.

KDE SC 4.5, the KWin window manager has also got hold for an optional tiling mode. When you will enable tiling, windows that are there on the screen will be ordered into an active non-overlapping grid. After which the grid will routinely alter as new windows are opened and closed. You can organize which of the windows are shattered into the grid and which will be capable to hang separately. The grid is mold in replication of lightweight tiling window managers for example Ion and Awesome but still it has limitation in it. Another nice feature which enable user with the ability to draw a window by clicking in any blank space. This can be great features which are included in KDE 4.5.

The beta KDE 4.5 have included more features than window tiling and notification in Linux. In totaling, a tiling window manager is a window manager with an association of the screen into equally non-overlapping encloses, which is conflicted to the more admired approach of coordinate-based heaping of overlying objects. So you can think of more advanced features which will be offered by KDE 4.5 after it will properly complete and will release.