Thread: EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application" on Windows 7

EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application" on Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my system. And I have installed the Microsoft Office 2007, while using the Excel on my system I am facing the problem, the system giving the error "EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application". I have tried to uninstalling the Microsoft Office 2007, but the uninstall program says that I did not have enough disk space to finish the uninstallation.

Re: EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application" on Windows 7

Can you say me how much free space is available on your system partition? Because you must have the enough space in your system. To find the memory space you can go my computer and find out the same. Go to Windows Explorer, what does it says. This information will help me to give you the proper solution related to your problem.

I have enough memory space available in my system. I am having 60 GB free memory space left on my system. So then also my system is asking about the memory space I didn’t get it. Can anybody have faced this kind of problem? And has the solution to solve the same problem can suggest me. So any kind help related to this problem will be appreciated.

According to the error message, it looks like the system is waiting for an application called EXCEL.EXE and it didn't find it. I check the file EXCEL.EXE in Windows 7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 and I initiate it with the size of 0 kb. Obviously it was corrupted. Then I had gone in my other system and copied the file from there and sent the same file to my own email different the name of the old file from EXCEL.EXE to Excel-OLD.EXE pasted the file from the PC into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 with the original name (EXCEL.EXE). And it finally worked for me. Easy like that. I hope this can help some of you.

There is a pair of general reasons why you might have seen the error "not a valid win32 application". This may not be your problem but it is worth checking it out. You can go for the downloaded a program that has corrupted and the file which is incomplete. If you have a virus or Trojan on your system and you have elimination the same antivirus software from the system you can still see remnants of a problem. If your system don't have antivirus installed in it, you can go for the install of the antivirus. Hope so this will help you to resolve the problem.