Thread: Microsoft Office Professional setup has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate

Microsoft Office Professional setup has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate on my system. With a single exception, the whole thing works properly. I had to re-install the Microsoft Office, but when I effort to do so, after a single minute or so I get the message that "Microsoft Office Professional setup has stopped working". I am unable to understand what had happens within that minutes. Do anybody had gone through the same problem with the Ms-Office please let me know the solution.

Re: Microsoft Office Professional setup has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate

This problem is generally faced when Microsoft Help folder get corrupted. So to solve this problem do this steps. You have to unhide the entire hidden files and folders on the system and then find and removed file as well as folder of the Microsoft Help from the system and attempt for the installing of Office Professional 2007 again in to your system.

Re: Microsoft Office Professional setup has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate

I am using the same system recently from last two months. I am unaware of opening the hidden file as well as folder from my system. As I had didn’t come across through such kind of problem with my system. So if anyone of you is aware of opening the hidden file and folder of Microsoft Help from the system, please help me.

Here is the way to unhide the hidden Files and Folders
    • Close the entire programs so that you are now at your desktop.
    • Click twice on the My Computer symbol.
    • Choose Organize menu from the top left side and press Folder and search Options.
    • After that you can able to view the new window come into view choose the View tab option.
    • In the Hidden files and folders section chooses the radio button Show hidden files and folders.
    • Remove the checkmark from the Hide file extensions for known file type.
    • Remove the checkmark from Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click the Apply key and then the press OK key and then close to My Computer.
    • Now your system is configured to view the entire hidden files.
    • After the above rename the Microsoft Help folder
    • Try renaming the Microsoft Help folder which is located in C:\Program Data\Microsoft Help
    • Download the fix tool for your desktop, right click on the tool and choose Run as Administrator.

Once this gets finished, restart your system and then attempt to install the MS-Office Professional 2007 again and I hope it will work.

Dr. V Guest

I had solved the problem of MS-Office 2007 setup stop after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate by doing the uninstalling of the same MS-Office 2007 from my system and again installing the same office 2007 on my system. If you want more information related to this problem you can go to this link of Microsoft Support. I think this will help you to resolve your problem.