Thread: ASUS SmartDoctor is not in the startup items

ASUS SmartDoctor is not in the startup items

I have fully functional Asus computer which is running 64-bit Windows Vista. It also contain Asus Graphic card with the Asus SmartDoctor to control the VGA fan. I have recently noticed about this Smartdoctor feature. I was opening this configuration manually after the windows boot-up. One day I noticed in my friend’s computer that the Asus Smartdoctor starts up automatically along with the OS. But in my computer it doesn’t start up with OS. I tried several configurations and Windows defender. I also checked the list start up items but it even didn’t contain in the list at all. Can anyone tell me the reason about this?

Re: ASUS SmartDoctor is not in the startup items

Asus Smart Doctor id a special kind of tool for its graphiccards to monitor the Fn RPM, AGP power level, Temperature of GPU and RAM, and for easy Overclocking,. The smart cooling technology in this can change the fan speed automatically to improve the performance and protection. It is a complete set of hardware monitoring tool with special function. The Smartdoctor.exe file is normally presented in “C:\Program Files\Asus\Smartdoctor “ subfolder it is not a windows system file and can be uninstalled. The program has a visible window and start up with Windows. So sometime it might not be able to load at start up due to registry error. To check it, see the registry key-
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I think that the windows startup program doesn’t not able to locate the exe file of the smartdoctor. First of all find the root folder of its file and check the name of the file. See whether the file is in the correct subfolder or not? If the file is present the open the registry editor by using the Run command “regedit”. When the registry window appears check the following locations.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER <>Software <> Microsoft < Windows < >CurrentVersion <> Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER < >Software < >Microsoft < Windows < >CurrentVersion < >RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE < >Software < >Microsoft < Windows < >CurrentVersion < >Run
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE < >Software < >Microsoft < Windows < >CurrentVersion < >RunOnce

Sometimes the smartdoctor clash with the original start up item called SBDrvDet.exe. I think you may have notices about this. When the conflict happens the system generates some popup windows showing errors. At this time the system unable to load its exe file at start up productively. Is this kind of process is happening in your system then you have to disable the SBDrvDET.exe in the msconfig. Try it, I hope this will totally work.

First move the exe file of the smartdoctor from its original folder and reboot the system again. If nothing happens then move the file again to its original folder and rename the folder. Now reboot and see. If the problem still continues then it must be the some kind of malware program interrupting the smartdoc. Some kind of malicious programs mask themselves as smartdoctor.exe and this file is normally present in the system32 folder. If this kind of file has been presented in your system then it would be a painful issue to check the process. To get rid of this you need to perform the security task.

As your problem concern the smartdoctor program didn’t install properly on your computer. I think you have to again reinstall the program. Id this didn’t seem to working then manually check the settings of the smartdoctor. There might be an option to check for windows start-up procedure. If the both the solution fails then you have to go for another kind of testing process. That is, while installing the SmartDoctor do some test with ProcMan. It is a real time process monitoring software. While I was testing, I found that Smartdoctor can start with the ASDR service. You can change the service to either automatic or manual.