Thread: bios unable to detect cd rom drive

bios unable to detect cd rom drive

hi guys, i have searched this forum, but none have yet solve my problem.

right after i inserted 2 new ram into my system, my bios suddenly unable to detect my cd rom drive. To my surprise, floppy drive was detected.

there are no jumper pins on my cd rom drive, so i don't think its due to master/slave config.

i have tried using another sata port to connect to my cd rom drive, but the problem still exist.

i have tried changing the registry by deleting the lowerfilters and upperfilters values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

i'm going to find another sata cable and try if it works, but the problem is i didn't even touch any cable when inserting the rams. so why the cable suddenly become faulty. o0

below are my bios setting, only hd was detected.

for the boot sequence, cdrom was available.

when it boot up to windows, floppy drive was detected (but i don't have a floppy disc drive)

so guys, is there anything else that i can do? Is it because of the bios problem?

thanks in advance..
    Last edited by tsktsk; 07-11-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Re: bios unable to detect cd rom drive

First thing that i will advise you to check for the Cable of then CD ROM. Change IDE/SATA port of the CD ROM and see whether you are getting the connectivity with the same. If not then i will recommend you to disconnect the CD ROM and connect it to any other computer and see whether it is detected by the other one or not. If it is not detected then it might be possible that the CD ROM gone bad and you need to repair the same. So try this out and see whether it is working for same or not.