Thread: Help with Windows 7 Hard Drive Crash

Help with Windows 7 Hard Drive Crash

Well, I installed windows 7 and right then and there I noticed something was wrong. My DVD+RW drive was not in My Computer. Since I barely ever used my DVD-RW drive, I figured that it wouldn't matter that much. Turns out I was wrong-

Later on that day, I had been installing Alcohol 120 to mount a virtual image I made a while back of Starcraft. I restarted my computer mid installation because Alcohol 120 wanted me to, and I did. Since then, when I try to load the operating system of Windows 7, it would be in the "Starting Windows" screen and I would shortly see the orbs that would come together, before ultimately my computer would restart with no error message or anything. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Also, I had this operating system crash before and I reinstalled XP with my Windows XP Professional disc, but now that my DVD-RW drive isn't shown, EVEN IN THE BOOT MENU, I can't do anything. I have had the repair tool thing that starts up when it crashes going, but even that couldn't seem to fix the problem. Please help me Q_Q

Re: Help with Windows 7 Hard Drive Crash

Did you tried booting into the safe mode? It seems that there might be having the problem with the installation of Third Party software i.e. Alcohol 120 which might corrupted the Windows 7 files system. If the Windows 7 started in Safe Mode then i will advise you to uninstall the Alcohol 120 from the system and the try to run in normal mode. If nothing is working then you have to repair the Windows 7 installation as it got corrupted. If the repair is also not working then only thing that i can advise you is to clean install the Windows 7 which might resolve the issue with the same. So try this out and see whether this is working with the issue of or not.

bsobro Guest

Re: Help with Windows 7 Hard Drive Crash

Same happened to mine.. about 5 days later I noticed my comp had no DVD drive........ My friend changed the SATA* cable (red-->yellow) might be diff in urs............ now I can watch DVD

* Iguess.........................