Thread: Unity Interface in Ubuntu 10.10 for Netbook

Unity Interface in Ubuntu 10.10 for Netbook

I am planning for purchasing netbook soon now but the think I don’t like about it is the screen size pretty small. I am planning to have ASUS netbook which include Intel Atom N450 CPU with speed of 1.66GHz and have 1GB of RAM but still the screen issue is there. I have recently heard about the latest version of Ubuntu which is Ubuntu 10.10 which provide with unity interface but I don’t have much idea about it, so I want to know if I can have Ubuntu 10.10 on my netbook. Please provide me the details about the unity interface feature of Ubuntu 10.10.

Re: Unity Interface in Ubuntu 10.10 for Netbook

Yes you have heard is correct about Ubuntu 10.10 which is launched by Ubuntu works with Linux system. Because your netbook comes with small screen so there is lack of screen space on such a small screen. Unity Interface entirely removes it away with the entire bar at the base of the screen because of which vertical space increases. Using this you can place the most regularly used applications on the left part of the screen on your netbook and access them with less efforts or step performed. So unity interface feature of Ubuntu 10.10 is great for small size device.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook version feature comes with support for devices such as multitouch and touch motions for getting work done perfectly and smoothly. You can easily perform fundamental stuffs like zooming, moving from one window to another; panning and widening etc. These are implemented on the unity interface of Ubuntu 10.10. The Unity Interface compressed with pleasant and large buttons that are great if you are using a multitouch tablet device. But the next version of Ubuntu is going to have even more such features and advance one which is going to be Ubuntu 11.04. So you can defiantly go for the netbook with Ubuntu 10.10 on it for convenient work performance.

I think the unity interface in Ubuntu 10.10 is pretty slow when performing particular tasks, thing which are missing in it are way to auto-hide the section on the left of the screen, or eliminate it altogether. The space consumed by the developer can be challenging because a lot of websites now a days are planned for a smallest width of 1024 pixels. But Unity interface has formed up satisfactorily and proposes netbook users an interface that is equally pretty and useful particularly on touchscreen devices. So i say there are much advantages than the disadvantages of unity interface of Ubuntu 10.10, so you should surely go for Ubuntu 10.10 version of netbook.

When an application is open, a couple of small arrows will emerge to the left and right of its symbol on the Launcher, and if there is multiple applications opened, then focal point will be on the application with the couple of arrows. Whereas others will have just an arrow to the left, this technique of Ubuntu 10.10 is useful when there is more than one open application. The real functional size of the desktop on Unity interface is condensed by an amount identical to the width of the Launcher. This application in Ubuntu 10.10 is great for small size display screens like in netbook.