Thread: How to install More than one Operating system on one Hard Drive

How to install More than one Operating system on one Hard Drive

I was thinking to install a new operating system on my one hard drive. I have just bough this new machine with good configurations. And I want to install windows 7 and vista on this machine. If anyone know how can i run two operating system on one machine then tell me and also tell me that can it cause damage for my machine? Any suggestion will appreciate.

Re: How to install More than one Operating system on one Hard Drive

For creating more than one operating system on a hard drive there must be two partitions on to your hard drive and make sure that your hard drive is having enough space to install the operating systems. And then boot your computer using the proper booting CD or DVD and start installing your Windows 7 operating system as the instructions and then restart and check that the partition is available for installing the Vista on it. Again restart your computer and hold the F8 key for booting options and then again use Vista CD or DVD for installing the vista operating system.
    Last edited by Devasis; 08-11-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks for your reply, as i was also wanted to know about this and as your instructions i installed vista and windows 7 on my hard disk. but i have one question related to this, that is how can i keep my desktop computer on the default operating system on the start up of the machine. Because if i found that windows 7operating system is easy to use for me. If anyone know about this then tell me the settings for that. Thanks in advance.

You have to do some settings into your start up option for this. Just select the start button on the taskbar and then click on the Control Panel option and then double hit on the System option. There is an option called as startup and recovery click on it and do the settings for default operating system. Select the operating system you want on the startup and also select the display list for choosing the operating system at the startup.