Thread: Error "SCSI Adapter not activate" in VMware Workstation

Error "SCSI Adapter not activate" in VMware Workstation

I am having an issues about the SCSI hard disk in VMware Workstation with 64-bit Linux systems. So thought to ask over here and take some useful suggestions form you members. I am sure that you guys will respond me soon with proper solutions. Now moving at the problem, at 64 Linux guests can LSILogic "SCSI Adapter not activate" the. This is absolutely necessary since the BusLogic SCSI adapter does not work under 64 guests. This error message pops up if other Linux 2.6.x kernel 64 was selected as a guest. I have tried many ways to resolve this error but was not at all successful. So thought about you guys. Please help me to sort out my problem soon. Also I want more information about the VMware Workstation. So also provide the needful.

Re: Error "SCSI Adapter not activate" in VMware Workstation

Creating the virtual machine using the wizard. As a SCSI Hard Disk to choose the size is "not care" - as small as possible, because the disc again so must be deleted afterwards. DO NOT switch machine end Workstation and VMware. a text editor. Add vmx file with the following entry and open:
    scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic"
    Download, VMware Workstation and open the virtual machine configuration open the. There, delete the previously created SCSI disk, as these have been conceived as a "BusLogic" SCSI disk. Now, a new virtual disk to create the desired size. Virtual machine and restart the operating system install. I am sure that following this method will resolve your problem.

VMware Workstation is a PC emulator. The program is on the host computer (ie your computer itself) so-called virtual machines (VMs) are available on which a host can be installed on different operating systems. Starting with DOS on all Windows versions up to the current Linux distributions. So to speak, a PC is created in the PC. The VM emulates this all components of a PC as the video card, hard drive, sound card, network card, etc. For the host, the PC emulator is just another program - for the installed operating system, however, a "real" computer. With version 7 has been added including support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and the encryption of the virtual machines. VMware Workstation now supports Aero Glass inside a Windows Vista or Windows 7 VM. To download a 30 day working demo version of regret to a relatively cumbersome registration process on the website are made with a valid email address because of this one for 30-day serial number is sent.

VMware Workstation makes PCs, including CPU, RAM, hard drives, sound and USB 2.0 ports in software to complete. In contrast to the free server version allows multiple snapshots of a virtual machine (VM) and save them from freely switch back and forth. One of the new features of version 6.5 is called "Unity": the VM window disappears and is running programs appear on the desktop of the host. Virtual SCSI hard disks can now be installed on the fly. When installing guests offers a wizard, the CD-Key or the administrator password set in advance, the VMware Tools that allow such drag and drop between guest and host will be installed automatically. Use ACE (Assured Computing Environment) can be provided VMs packaged with security policies and so that other people are using the same PC, but can not change. The use of the packages on other PCs ACE requires additional licenses.

The installation of the workstation running Linux with a graphical interface for the first time, the configuration of virtual networks, such as there was integrated into the GUI. The software imports VMs, version 4.5, snapshots are retained only for VMs, version 5.5. As guest operating systems other than Windows and Linux as a desktop and server in different 32 - and 64-bit flavors and DOS, Netware, FreeBSD and Solaris. VMware Workstation creates virtual machines (VM), which with the free VMware Player can run virtualized machine as, to download a registration is required. Makes us run VMWare and install a virtual operating system on another operating system, do not clear? example, suppose you have Windows XP, then install VMWare and run or install Ubuntu (Linux Virtual) on the XP partition and / or disk virtual hard to be a file that is saved in the folder you chose in Windows XP, RAM, virtual steal it while is running which has XP, so it is essential you have good memory to run a virtual XP need to say at least 256 MB of RAM and 128 Mb ubuntu then we have the sum of these two reports in order to make optimal work, the more ... better. Several versions of VMWare, the most popular are VMWare Player (free) and VMWare Workstation (Trial 30 days), differences: With VMware Player can run an operating system, the system must download the Internet (they are ready but they measure at least 300 MB, remember it's an operating system) or get it from a friend. With VMware Workstation you can install your operating system so that, so you have the installation CD at hand (the Installation is identical to how you actually do on a PC).