Thread: No access to Fan Control from BIOS

No access to Fan Control from BIOS

I have the Motherboard: Asus M2N-E SLI. After connecting the CPU fan runs, the computer will not boot and the fan does not rotate. After several tests, I found out that it is up to the connector on the board, which is responsible for the fan control. I plug the cable from the fan so the connection that it gets power, the fan only runs but the computer still does not run high, as in the bios no CPU fan is detected. Since I have no idea about soldering, I wanted to just turn off the bios fan control. This is unfortunately not because I'm not at all to the BIOS if there is no CPU fan is detected. Bios reset or so does not help there. Everything else about hardware I have tested and can rule out a defect. Does anyone have a tip for me? It would be much appreciable if you people provide the solutions with proper details.

Re: No access to Fan Control from BIOS

Just try some other fans there to join, as a standard part with a maximum of 2 or 3 connections. Perhaps the clock signal is then compatible and the sucker sometimes high. I think as 2-3 minutes, the cooler should also be able to cool the CPU passively, without causing damage there. I would be surprised at if a board does not regard only for missing / damaged fan. I rather think that the board is defective, I at least know that without the board does not fire without a fan, how you doing then produce a fan-free operation? According to me you should get some help after following these points.

Thank you for your answer, but that I have already tried. Unfortunately, this brings no change, even the fan is running, but there is no signal transmitted to the bios at all that a CPU fan is connected, since the 4 Pin does not work. Of course I have not run in front of my CPU without a fan, it's me just about the fan control in bios to turn off. The fan does so, but because the control is on and the connection of the control is defective, the bios is bad assume that no CPU fan is present. Old motherboard that has perhaps been a man of few, but the new safety reasons prevent an immediate start of the computer. It is stupid of course made it even before you get into the BIOS no longer ran goes. So I am looking for a solution to get into the BIOS anyway.

I've just read through that now times again. IF the error description does so, the so just work not at all. 3 cables are indeed on the CPU fan, ground, 12V and fan controller. The board may determine whether a maximum resistive load (ie 12V and ground) on the CPU fan is connected by the circuit is closed. Nothing more. But since you have already connected the CPU fan only to ground and 12V, and that does not work, the error can not come along (except the fan would not rotate through cable break or else). The error has to come from a much earlier part. For the fan control cable is not a bus line between a chipset and fan communication, but regulates only the control line speed. So according to me the problem is somewhere else. So better try to focus on the part which is creating the problem rather than only checking the Fan Control.

Your technical signal would indeed be the way you just said pin 4 have been means:
    • +12 V
    • -12V
    Would therefore be called the CAN, the CPU fan speed signal no more (from the front inside or it is defective), could be a mechanism not move the board to start?? According to your information but it should still work because you are not a known motherboard that has such a protection. It can be issue of the ASUS. So first confirm with the dealer and then can do troubleshooting things.

So it is not against the CPU or something, now have everything installed on a different board and everything works normally.
    1. The computer will not boot if not the fan rotates
    2. Although the fan turns but just sits on 3 pins
    3. If the fan is sitting on all 4 pins it will not turn, what he does, but on the other motherboard.
    4. No beep signals upon failure of the CPU fan on this board, since the protection is the very fact that only not at the computer boots up without it.
    The board is only signals from the example, if a Memory is faulty. The blast 4 Pin is easily broken and the protective leaves me no choice but to scrap well as the board, because if I don't know about the soldering what can or can not I find a solution to access the BIOS.