Thread: Blue Screen after RAM upgradation

Blue Screen after RAM upgradation

I had before running 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 PC 800 CL4 Dual Channel. Everything works great and stable. Now I have again another 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz CL4 purchased and installed and now getting the blue screens. I am not able to understand the reasons. In the bios I have changed nothing, no overclocking or anything. For RAM timings everything on AUTO. If I take out the bolt 2x1GB and 2x2GB in there just let it work again clean. Someone got an idea? My specifications is as below :
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    • ASUS P5N-D
    • E8400 Core 2 Duo 3GHz
    • 2 or 6 GB of RAM
    I hope that I have mentioned all the needful details. If you members want something more, write it. But please help me to sort out my problem.

Re: Blue Screen after RAM upgradation

With what voltage is the RAM? It might be because of slightly increase in it. Have you tried the RAM on the QVL with fully equipped? Timings and voltage manually enter check. If you have already tried this, then you should check the RAM. There are possibilities of getting the Blue Screens because of faulty RAM. So can't tell you the exact solution. You will have to try that by troubleshooting methods. Also don't forget to use that same RAM on another system (if possible).

Was about the timings manually in bios, did 4-4-4-12 and then came beep sound and computer does not start anymore. I have got the Rams took some time out and checked what's on it:
    • 2GB module: 5-5-5-18
    • 1GB module: 4-4-4-12

The Rams would have TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX 4-4-4-12 yet or not? Even I am getting smell that RAM is faulty.

New rig not boot up (Asus P7P55D-E)

Since the beginning of the week I'm fighting with my newly assembled system. It is not booting up, so thought to post here instead of creating new thread. I am having the following components:
    • Asus P7P55D-E (I do not know which revision, since I do not even get into the BIOS)
    • Intel Core i5 760 BOX
    • Corsair CMX8GX3M4A1600C9, 4x2GB
    • Power supply are OCZ Game X Stream Power Supply, 700Watt, ATX2.2

(If I need to post and all the other components, but I do not think these are currently of great importance. The problem is already much earlier ...). When I had installed the components above, and wanted to power up the system for the first time check, jumped the fans (PSU and CPU fan) to short, but decreased after 1 to 2 seconds off. Without that I've done something. During this short period of time the CPU LED turns red. This automatic shut-repeated on and off constantly, until I decided the main switch on the power supply off. I think I can rule out the power supply probably because I did it with my old system (Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 and Asus P5N32-E) tested again and it worked without problems. Also, I removed the new motherboard and tried to start in order to avoid unwanted contacts between board and case. No successes. Unsuccessful I have tested all four RAMs individually in all slots (A1, B1, A2 and B2). Even without RAM I tried to restart the PC in order to deliberately provoke an error, but there was no beep from the motherboard. (All connections were properly connected using Tower Asus Q-Connector -> Child's Play). Short anticipated: the ATX 12V (2x4-pole connector labeled with CPU1/CPU2) I had connected. Just as the 24-pin power connector and the Intel boxed CPU cooler.

I think that you have tried all possible ways of troubleshooting. But I have observed that you tried without it up in the Tower. Maybe there is somewhere where there is no contact can be contact. Or the power supply is over, you get the chance you might borrow a power supply. Even from your dealer? I would try it first without the Tower, of course, all trades placed on a suitable base (MB cardboard, etc.) :-) If that still does not work try running a different power supply. I think that this is the only remaining way.

When all else fails, I went to my dealer and told him my problem. Then he moved without hesitation from the CPU with a new one, as he was of the opinion that 99% of the CPU is defective. Then I went home, put on some coffee and tried it again. The same symptoms. Diagnosis, remains unknown. I went back to the dealer and he said it would in the case to the motherboard to be 100%. At home I found that the same problem persisted, after I had exchanged the board now!! How big is the possibility that the hardware is DOA 2 times? I think that I have made a mistake during installation, as this is already my fourth system (all other 3 worked perfectly). I do not know now how I should proceed further in fault diagnosis. Can you help me more? Waiting for some useful responses.

Do you have anything broke during installation? The pins on the board are very sensitive!! Thermal paste was used? Film from the cooler? 12V connector for CPU / etc connected? CPU fan to the CPU FAN connector on the motherboard clamped? Graphics card? Hard Drives? DVD? Cheap housing with low-Card Reader? I think all these things can be the reason for your problem. Apparently so have converted. What are the the old components and are you sure go and are all connected properly? Do the following:
    • From all the power connections to the MB, GK
    • Only 1 RAM pure (sometimes QVL check, or other RAM test, if possible)
    • Disconnect drive (s) and Other Drives
    • Plug in all the other cards out and only monitor, keyboard and Mausi
    • Reset BIOS implementation (see manual)

If not then go, I would not stop and fling the thing to the dealer ...