Thread: How to boot windows 7 with Parallels?

How to boot windows 7 with Parallels?

I bought a Apple MAC book pro with the windows 7 environment. I have to run some of the windows program in the Mac computer. Actually I installed the windows 7 in the partition of the hard drive of my computer, by the using of the Boot Camp application. it gives me so much problem in the booting the program. After that I installed the Parallels and setup the Virtual Machine for the windows 7 program. I have to prompt into the windows with the help of the product key of the application. But now facing so many problem with the Parallels, it not giving me the proper response to run the windows application. What should I do? How to boot the program in the virtual machine? Any suggestion will be appreciated…

Re: How to boot windows 7 with Parallels?

Go to the folder of the Parallels, which you installed in the computer. Run the application in your computer. When you first run the program a welcome window of the application will appear for giving you the basic information about the program with windows version that you are running. Click the continue after the flashing the introduction if the program. Then enter the program, where you will found some other information’s about the program with the supported operating system and with the other windows application that are use to run with the program. You will able to select the operating system in your machine with in the window that will appear in your computer, just select the program, it will configure the appropriate setting with the Parallels.
    Last edited by Ninja-X; 04-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.

There is another option under the Parallels window which is known as the Operating System Detection, this option will allow you to select the operating system that you wish to run in the Parallels program, you can also run the program with the CD or the DVD. This process is known as the live disk to run the particular program. You can also run the program with the image file of the windows 7. This will not require you for the bootable option of the program.

I did the following operation to run the windows 7 in my MAC Book machine. Now I would like to share the process with you that might be help you to run the windows 7 program in the virtual machine that you are using. Select the custom option which is under the Virtual Machine Type option of the window. Select the program that you are trying for the execution. You have to run the program under the capacity of 4GB RAM in your computer.

Prepare the windows 7 program to run with the Parallels application, you can also do the operation with the Boot Camp. I did this with the bellow mentioned process, recommend you to just go through the process. This will definitely help you to boot the program.

1. Open the "System Properties" by right-clicking on "My Computer" and going to Properties.

2. Proceed to the "Hardware" tab and click on "Hardware Profiles" of the machine which are installed.

3. Rename the current profile with “Parallels ",

4. Make sure that in the “Hardware profiles selection", the option "Wait until I select a hardware profile" is enable.

5. Also Make sure that the following option are selected in your computer:
    "The docking state is unknown"
    "This is a portable computer"

6. Finally Click on "OK".

Now try to boot the windows 7 in your machine with the newly creating settings.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Start the virtual machine with the open the Parallels application, go to file menu option of the program click on the menu bar of the window. Insert the CD or the DVD of the windows 7 operating system. You will able to select the option which is to boot for the window, select the operating system that you wish to boot. You can also able to custom the operating system. Be sure that you are having 512MB free space in your hard disk drive. Go for the partition in your drive. Select the option shared network of the application, if you wish to share the file in the network. install the windows 7 in the newly make partition drive.