Thread: Need help with windows 2000 drivers for Nec's usb 3.0

Need help with windows 2000 drivers for Nec's usb 3.0

You might be familiar by means of with the intention of NEC manufacture a chip (µPD720200 or UPD720200) by means of the intention of adds USB 3.0 ports on a PCI-E lane. As the entire chipsets up to at present have encompassed merely USB 2.0 ports, motherboards contain this chip. I have comprised not seen anywhere a Win2000 driver for this chip, neither at NEC nor at the motherboard producer. Which is a disappointment, in view of the fact with the intention of W2k drivers exist (sometimes unofficial additional than excellent) for the chipsets of these motherboards. In addition what are the characteristic of this innovative usb 3.0.

Re: Need help with windows 2000 drivers for Nec's usb 3.0

The NEC Electronics at the moment introduced the world's primary Universal Serial Bus (USB) host controller (part numeral µPD720200) for the innovative SuperSpeed USB 3.0 customary. The NEC Electronics be expecting rapid adoption of the apparatus and customary as the necessitate to transfer larger and larger amounts of information in sequence connecting PCs to exterior hard-drives, portable electronics apparatus, and flash-based thumb drives, persist to grow rapidly. The µPD720200 apparatus is a host controller for systems and additional digital apparatus, and is based on the innovative version or description of the SuperSpeed USB standard. Sustaining or maintain the world's fastest USB relocate speeds of up to 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) of data.

By means of its high-speed relocate potential, the µPD720200 host controller creates it probable to make bigger the boundaries of digital application such as PCs, digital TVs, and DVD recorders. The innovative SuperSpeed USB 3.0 chip commencing NEC Electronics necessitate merely 70 seconds to relocate 25 GB of video contented on a blu-ray disc, evaluate to 14 minutes to transfer the similar content when utilizing the high-speed USB 2.0 by means of 480 Mbps relocate capability. This enormous increase in relocate speed determines to enable system designers to relocate large-volume data hurriedly and without stress and develop a innovative generation of high-performance consumer electronic products.

The NEC USB 3.0 driver download characteristic the most recent USB 3 drivers for PCs by means of the NEC USB 3.0 controller chip. It necessitates at least Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista by means of SP2 or Windows 7. To inaugurate the driver, unzip its contented then twice hit it off on USB3-Host-Driver-2040-setup.exe to work the installation program. Go behind the punctual and restart your system at the end of the installation. In conclusion it's here. The USB 3.0 is a diminutive faster than USB 2, and the driver runs great on my Windows 7 system. Subsequently up, my Windows XP dual-boot. Not numerous devices utilize USB 3.0 at the moment additional than its good to observe the controller working with on my system. Be able to believe I previously have to update my USB 3.0 driver.

Most of them had the identical tribulations on a number of innovative Dell server they ordered SANS os, in view of the fact with the intention of most of them have our own corporate site licenses. They ended up having to setup the server via the Open Manage software by means of the intention of they shipped which sustained or maintained the RAID controller and backplance by means of the intention of they ordered. This is extremely interesting for the reason with the intention of I am having the accurate same tribulations by means of a Shuttle PC at the moment. It seems that you are able to utilize a flash USB drive as an alternative of a floppy, additional than I have not tried it. The PC I am having tribulations by means of does not have a floppy moreover, so I am endeavoring by means of a USB floppy drive.

It does be familiar by means of it subsequent to pressing F6, without the bios be familiar with the drive, so this leads me to imagine by means of the intention of perhaps the Flash USB be supposed to work. I am presently having tribulations locating the right driver even though, as I was not supplied by means of one. Well, I ended up receiving a floppy drive and utilizing by means of the intention of. As it turns out the driver floppy was terrible too so I had to hunt down the drivers and generate an innovative driver disk (not uncomplicated to locate a floppy approximately here). I had these tribulations (consequently finding this). I have not completed a Windows installation for several years.