Thread: How to remove winsxs from windows 7 via vlite

How to remove winsxs from windows 7 via vlite

I am having an error saying "Windows not be able to configure one or additional components." in close proximity to the end of installation. I have comprised and changed the list of packages to be eliminated and have not cleaned up the build. I have look for more than one forum, and the merely mentioned solution is to maintain some components. On the other hand, the preset file windows7.ini removes those components without tribulations, I take for granted. Do I have to stick by means of the scheduled components in removal.bat to stay away from the error. I do not be familiar with which packages most of them maintain, perhaps this is the reason without additional information I not be able to for instance do I maintain the Snipping Tool package and eliminate the Game Explorer by means of vLite, then this might be the reason. I attach the modified removal.bat here. But in addition I am not able to remove winsxs from windows 7 via vlite.

Re: How to remove winsxs from windows 7 via vlite

For me the whole thing runs extremely well even without reboot.xml removal. My winsxs folder merely is up to 105 mb. And I even be able to install the entire updates commencing window updates. Did not tested language pack as I do not necessitate it and nevertheless you be able to integrate it previous to install. The merely tribulations I have is one channel in event log does not run. Do you have this tribulations then checking administrative events. Ok I have comprised and endeavor it and it runs absolutely in addition I utilized my custom removals and ini. 588MB ISO winx86 I got 1.24GB utilized space HDD exclusive of pagefile and hibernation file 80MB winsxs by means of 5,300 files on it most of them be able to tranquil create the ISO smaller most of them presently necessitate to list the entire files with the intention of are not comprise in winsxs folder.

I am also searching for the same issue and tested by means of brand innovative windows 7 ultimate and eliminated merely winsxs, no way the similar error by means of event log, so it not be able to be by means of the intention of you doing not have this error too. I be able to install the entire updates. Additional than previous to doing some additional tests I determine to endeavor them too and resolve report back if you are paying attention. I endeavor following this conduct and I might merely do misc updates similar to drivers and spyware checks, the majority of the hotfixes had errors. Maybe I am doing incredible mistaken. I need some help here.

Yes, you have to install it with the intention and bring up to date the first and subsequent to with the intention of it the entire determine to run enormous. Extraordinary thing I had become aware of though, presently subsequent to installing with the intention of one update my winsxs folder had previously grown by similar to 100 mb. You have to Reinstalled the entire in excess of again and watched the winsxs folder at the same time as the hotfix was dispensation and it was adding folders to their similar to passionate, I am guessing with the intention of and bring up to date fixed whatever most of them did the winsxs folder with the intention of it did not similar to. You have to Loaded virtual apparatus, physically applied kb947821 to repair winsxs folder, amalgamate it as a hotfix did not run, had to be completed subsequent to install. Subsequent to the update you have to install the winsxs folder was permanent I shut down the VM, and extracted the winsxs folder off it. Made an innovative iso by means of vlite, installed, and the whole thing worked right off by means of no necessitate to apply the hotfix and the winsxs folder was tranquil as diminutive as it formerly was I determine to endeavor to create a innovative .bat file.

The following has previously expansively been discussed under Windows 7 & vLite and I would be pleased regarding continuing the conversation there when it is connected to Windows 7 component removal in combination by means of vLite. You have to be familiar with a bit regarding the command line in Windows as well as how batch files run. It does not run out of the box and necessitate alteration to fit your needs, if you do not understand this, then be satisfied by means of the removal vLite be able to do for you (immediately stay clear of eliminating Game Explorer, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Firewall and Internet correlation Sharing). I went a bit additional on what I had achieved formerly and I managed to eliminate the majority of Microsoft.NET up to the point by means of the intention of vLite tranquil runs (so no comprehensive removal of .NET). After this the install.wim is 822MB, the installation is about 2.4GB without compression and pagefile-/hibernate-file, even a bit less (2.39GB) subsequent to you have execute the final step and for those paying attention it is 1.54GB by means of compression.

I have comprised and endeavor to add hold up for 32-bit Windows, additional than I have contain not tested it. If you investigation it and encounter tribulations, I might endeavor assist and these resolve issues. On the other hand I do not encompass Windows 7 32-bit and I have no intention of utlizing it, let unaccompanied test it. I imagine imagex has to be commencing Vista SP1 WAIK, the one commencing Windows 7 RC runs rather sluggish in each method (mount, unmount, squeeze, vLite). I do have comprised the 1 commencing the Windows 7 RC WAIK. Not certain whether the 1 commencing Windows 7 RC WAIK runs, additional than you might endeavor. I desire to totally eliminate it, additional than I immediately necessitate it for vLite. If not, then I would eliminate it totally.

How to remove winsxs floder from my pc's windows folder. Almost 11 GB space is vanished due to this folder.

In that folder you have dll's. You can not erase. And it increases every time you install new applications. Will seem that some are repeated, but it is not, but it keeps different versions in order to ensure compatibility with various programs. If you delete, you lose your operating system. If you want to free up disk space, the normal tools used for this purpose. I would like to recommend you Spybot and CCleaner ... the other I do not trust a lot. There are some really useful to remove duplicate files or folders useless? Or any utility that everyone should have installed on your pc? You can also use the Disk Cleanup of windows, as is the default. No accents nothing is no longer also release, when you use tools to improve the performance of the OS and Tune Up utilities or as a free Advanced Windows Care. Moreover, it is more likely that you analyze your files and delete what you no longer need, as you do not use programs, audio files no longer hear or images or videos While you can archive or save in another external environment.

To get the full powers act to erase the WinSxS folder, click the right mouse button on the folder, select the option in question → Properties → Security tab → click "on the advanced" that you find at the end of the dialog box → More permissions → Edit → Select a user name that applies to you and do not forget to mark with an appropriate tick the "Replace all inheritable permissions on all descendants that inherit permissions from this object" found in low → Apply the changes and Click OK to continue the procedure. Also on any dialog box. Now back in the window Properties → Security tab → Edit → Add → Type a user name that you want to use the right → click on "Check Names" → selected, click OK → Emphasize the username you added, and go on to give it full powers to delete the folder.