Thread: Unable to boot windows 7 with Mac.

Unable to boot windows 7 with Mac.

I've installed Windows 7 on my Mac last week and most of the time. when I try and boot into Windows, after selecting the Windows partition pressing the 'alt key', it starts up, showing the underscore in the top left hand corner a pair of times the screen is blank and does not shows anything. Sometimes it boots properly when I try after few hours. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: Unable to boot windows 7 with Mac.

I guess that the HDD has lost the boot file or might have issue understanding it repeatedly. Are you able to boot from the DVD and identify the Win7 Partition at all? After booting off Boot Camp Win7 partition, support ALL your significant data, note down which applications are installed; use Win7's export wizard File Transfer I think it’s called (as a secondary backup). After completing format the partition to be entirely Mac OS X - as it first was. Then install parallels, use your Win7 DVD to install and utilize a fixed HDD space but let for active use. Then introduce the File Transfer wizard data. If it fails, then use your manual backup into Win7.

According to me you should restart you computer into Windows 7 Safe Mode. First click start and then run option, a dialog box will open, type msconfig into the run box and click OK. Then you will get a System Configuration window. Click on the Boot tab to observe all of the boot options Windows 7 has to offer. Trace the section titled Boot Option on the System Configuration window. Here you can verify the option titled Safe Mode. Take into consideration Notice that smallest Safe Mode is the default Safe Mode option. The Minimal Safe Mode option is the default because it is the same type of safe mode you obtain using the F8 method. After selecting the options, click the OK button. Windows 7 will then inquire if you wish to Restart now or Exit without Restarting. Then by clicking on Restart Now button your computer will restart in Safe Mode.

Alternate Shell Safe Mode load Windows 7 with a command prompt with the GUI entirely disabled. This Safe Mode needs superior knowledge of how to navigate Windows 7 with only text instructions and without the help of the mouse. This mode is particularly useful for troubleshooting graphics problem with your video card or when having troubles with the aero desktop characteristic of Windows 7. Alternate Shell Mode also does not fill any networking drivers or software so you will not have access to your local network or the internet.