Thread: iMAC heats up when used with Windows 7

iMAC heats up when used with Windows 7

I have the iMac 27 inches with me and the only issue with the same is that I cannot understand why it is heating up so much. I have Radeon 4850 graphic card and when I try to play game in the Windows 7 mode the system just starts to heat up. I really do not know what I should do in such case. What could be the possible reason for the same? What will you all suggest in this matter? Please come up with useful solutions.

Re: iMAC heats up when used with Windows 7

What is the system configuration of the iMac 27” inch that you are using? I want to know what the RAM of your system is. Also in addition to that I just want to tell you if you are playing heavy games on the desktop and that too in the Windows 7 mode then the RAM of your system should be more than 2GB. If it will be less then that then you are bound to get the errors. See if the RAM requirements of the system are met properly.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

What is the processor that you are having on the desktop? If that is the i5 or the i7 then let me tell you all guys that the temperature of the system is also going to raise more. Well you have not completed the query I suppose. Is the speed of the fan constant or is it that it keeps on rising and then slowing down. Does the overheating causes the shut down of the desktop as well? Please let us all know what are the things that happen when the desktop crosses the temperature limit.

I think that the installation of the Windows 7 was not done properly and hence you are getting the trouble. Just heck the steps and see if there is any issue with the installation of the Windows 7. I think that it will be nice if you can have the reinstallation of the Windows 7 on the System. Let us see if that can bring some more difference in the temperature of the desktop. Please do it and let us know about the same.

If at all you want you can have the latest drivers of the Graphic Card installed on the system. I have seen some of the cases where the latest drivers have brought difference in the performance as well in the cooling mechanism of the graphic cards. Well in the mean time, I would suggest you to go to the official site of the graphic card and then have the drivers from there. I am sure that you will be supported in your situation with the updated drivers. Well let us know about the scenario of your desktop i.e. configurations and we will try to help in your matter. Also if you want you can have a look at the following thread and I hope that it will help you in some manner: Desktop Heats up a lot

You all had asked regarding the RAM of my system, then let me tell you that I have the entire RAM requirement fulfilled and I have 4GB of RAM and I think that it more than enough for me. Also the system requirement is also fulfilled the only thing is that when I try to do the same i.e. play the game in the Mac mode the system does not gets heated and when it comes to the Windows mode it just starts heating up. On the same note I have the 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 could that be the possible reason for the overheating of the System. How can I get the control over the Graphic Card? I cannot, can you help me with this too. Please help me out guys I desperately need your help in this matter. Hope that I will get something worthy here.

Dr. V Guest

Well it is good that you have that good amount of RAM on your side but I would like to say only one thing that when you use the System in the Windows 7 mode a lot of resources are used of the system and hence I think that the Game may also be finding difficulty in loading. Well on its full go it may also happen that Windows 7 may use the entire 4 GB and hence you may find difficulty in loading the same. Well try the drivers for the graphic cards and see if that can help you in the matter. Regarding the Core i5, yes it can also be the reason for the overheating of the system. To control the Graphic card I would suggest you to install the catalyst control center. It will really help you in getting the control.