Thread: Keyboard shortcuts fails on windows partition

Keyboard shortcuts fails on windows partition

I have recently started facing problem with my keyboard shortcuts. I am no longer able to use most of the keyboard shortcuts. I am currently on Macbook and have Intel processor installed. However I can use some of the common shortcuts on my other applications with out any problem. I have also checked the keyboard settings and also the keyboard buttons and everything seems to be normal. What else can be done to fix this issue?

Re: Keyboard shortcuts fails on windows partition

This is not a serious problem because it is just related to the drivers which is either disabled or not available on your computer. Make sure you have the necessary drivers also confirm if you have “HID Input service” set to automatically run at startup in the services list. To view services, go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. You can even open services by going to Start, then Run, typing "Services.msc" in the text box that appears and finally clicking on the OK button.

Which type of keyboard do you have? Is it multimedia or a normal one? I suppose the keyboard software is the main reason why you are unable to use the shortcuts. The software might not be running properly. This software is responsible for the additional features of the keyboard. You have to either enable it or may even reinstall it once again. You can confirm this by going to System Configuration Utility and then going to the Startup tab.

But I have already tried installing the drivers. The drivers which I had installed are from the manufacturer site. However, my keyboard shortcuts are still not working. I also checked the device manager to make sure the drivers where updated and there was no exclamation mark over there. Everything seems to be normal according to it. What else can be done?

I think your windows partition is infected from some virus which is not allowing you to use the shortcuts. There are several reasons for a computer to get infected but instead of noting the cause of the problem, the prime importance task for use now is to remove it as soon as possible. You can install an updated antivirus software on your Windows partition and then scan your hard disk for infection. You can even use some intrusion prevention application that helps you from data theft and other such problem.