Thread: Unable to detect SATA controller while installing Win 7 x64 Home Premium

Unable to detect SATA controller while installing Win 7 x64 Home Premium

I have used the windows XP SP2 and SP3 from last few months and now I have decided to uninstall it and then install the windows 7x64 Home Premium on my system. So for this I have purchased an brand new WD Caviar Black 640GB hard drive and it is connected with the a Silicon Image 3114 PCI SATA card. And after searching a lot I found the drivers for the same from the official website. The thing here is that when I connected everything and then try to install the widows 7 on my system than it is not showing me the hard disk that is connected. I don’t know why it is not showing me the hard disk, when I select the custom install than there is nothing in the drivers it gives me a blank list. Please help me to solve the problem and also let me know why this is happening.

Re: Unable to detect SATA controller while installing Win 7 x64 Home Premium

According to me you are facing this problem since the drivers are not installed properly. The thing here is that if you fail to install the correct and compatible driver than did not match to the system and will not perform in the manner for which they are known. It may have happen that you have not installed the correct drivers or the drivers that are installed by you are corrupted so it is giving you this output. The drivers are the interface between the software and the hardware peripherals and if you will not install it in the perfect way then it tends to give you unusual outputs. Make sure that you install the appropriate drivers on the system and also the compatible one.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you are facing this problem because you have no connected the hard drive properly to the card slot. It may happen that the drive is not connected properly and due to it is not been detected. So make sure that you will connect the hard drive in the appropriate slots so later on you will not receive such problems. I hope that this will help you out in this case.

It seems to me that there is the problem in the hard drive itself, the thing here is that if your system is not detecting the hard drive than it will not show you the same on the hard drive list. The question arises in mind is that whether you are using the new hard disk or any replacement with the old, If it is the old one that it must be damaged and due to it is not being detecting and if it is the new one than I it must be having some compatibility issues. What you have to do in this case is that just contact the retailer’s office who have sold you the hard drive and let him know the exact problem that you are facing and I hope that he will help you out in this case.

I am also facing a similar kind of problem. Mine also hard disk is not detecting and it is not in the list for installation. And sue to it I am unable to install my windows vista on my system. The thing here is that I have also upgraded my HDD and try and connect it with the PCI SATA card and somehow and after all the connection it is not showing me on the system. Please help me to solve this problem.

The only solution that I can give you here is that replace the PCI SATA card that you are using. As mentioned by you that you are using the Silicon Image 3114 PCI SATA card on you system to connect the hard disk over it, Now it may have happened that the card is having some problems or it may have hampered and that is the reason why it is not letting the system to detect the hard disk. So what you have to do here is that just check out with any other card and connect the hard disk on that card and in this case if the HDD is detected then there is the definite problem in the card that you are using. And if you want to get rid of this problem then replace the card as soon as possible.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your time for finding the solution. I have successfully solved my problem and it was actually related to the card there was some kind of problem in it . I replace the card with the new one and found that the problem was not repeating and the hard disk was detected and I was able to install the windows 7 operating system.