Thread: No display when Windows Vista installed on Mac mini using boot camp

No display when Windows Vista installed on Mac mini using boot camp

Using the boot camp I tried installing the Windows Vista on the Mac mini. In addition to that I have also connected the Mac mini to the Sony Bravia 1080p HDTV using the DVI to HDMI cable. Well all that things are fine and there is no issue with any of these. Now the issue, when on the Mac mini I log in using the Mac 10.6.2 every thing is fine and I have seen nothing wrong in the display, but as soon as I log in using the Windows Vista I can see nothing. Only a black screen is displayed on the screen. It is not that I have seen it for the first time. I have restarted the Mac mini hundreds of time but I always end up on the BLACK screen. Any idea, why is this happening? I have never succeeded in running the Vista on the Mac mini. I think I must have gone wrong somewhere, can you all please help me in correcting the same. Also whenever I log in using the Vista mode I can hear the Start up sound of the Windows but can not see anything displayed on the screen. Please come up with something useful.

Re: No display when Windows Vista installed on Mac mini using boot camp

In your case I think that you have failed to install the Windows Vista on the Mac mini and I would suggest you to see the following steps and see if you have missed on something. It is better to see first if you have missed on something and then try with the other solutions. Just see and let us know if you missed on something.
    • As the very first step please close every program that is running on the Mac.
    • If programs like Dock or Dashboard are running then let it run, there is no problem if they are running.
    • After that in the Mac mini look for the Applications
    • Under that look for the Utilities
    • Now double-click Boot Camp Assistant.
    • After that click on the Continue
    • Once all this things are over then you will have to allocate the space for the Windows Vista on the Mac mini.
    • Well you can keep the space some what around 20GB or minimum 15GB.
    • To modify the quantity of space to offer to Vista, click the small divider sandwiched between Mac OS X and Windows, and pull it to the left.
    • Click on partition and then see if the installation proceeds without any error.

From the current scenario of yours, I can only suggest you at this moment to see for the Safe Mode option. Please see if you can get the Windows Vista in the Safe Mode. Well I have seen some of the case and in such cases users have seen Windows running in the safe mode. Please see that and let us know if that is running there. For that you will have to press the F8 key when the Windows is booting. I am sure that if you are able to hear the start up sound then you will be able to see the Windows in the Safe Mode. Also in your case I am of the opinion that the major issue is of the display so when you will have the Windows in the safe mode then you will get a rough and a ready resolution.

Well going with the safe mode is really a good idea. There are chances if it starts in the Safe Mode then there will be a starter so that we can have a start with the problem of yours. In addition to that I just wanted you to see if you can adjust the resolution to the lowest level. Also in the safe mode you can do that just while doing please let us know what that resulted into. Also is possible try to reduce the color bit rated of the same. Set the resolution in such a way that it will be suitable when you will boot again the system. Once you have done this successfully then you can boot again to see if the things went in the way that you had expected. Please let us know about the same.

In my opinion I think that it will be best if at you can go with the reinstallation of the Windows Vista on the Mac mini. For the assistance if you want you can have some of the threads that will help you in doing the same. For example How to install bootcamp in Mac this thread will help you in installing the boot camp in the Mac so that you do not miss on the very basic step. The second thread is Windows Vista 64 Bit Mac Mini Installation Help which will help you in installing the Windows Vista, just follow the steps and I am sure that you will be able to install the files on the Mac mini comfortably and this time Windows will run without any problem on the Mac mini.

Well thanks a lot for taking interest into my query and coming up with the useful solutions. Well in addition to all the things that I did I had also tried installing the Windows 7 on the Mac mini but this time too I could not succeed with the installation of the Windows. I can see the exact scenario that was happening with the Vista repeating with the Windows 7. When I log in on the Mac 10.6.2 everything is fine with the display, but when I log in on the Windows 7 again the black screen stands before me. The only change after installing the Windows 7 that I have observed is that now I can see the small progress bar but for some time and after that everything goes black. Any further suggestions.