Thread: Direct3D 10/11 Support for Linux

Direct3D 10/11 Support for Linux

It appears that the developers who put into practice they actually established that it is to be better than OpenGL. Given OpenGL's standing in technical circles for being better, I came across that this is to be surprising, but I estimate that it creates logic considering that it were made before Direct3D 10 even existed. If you have any other view related to this then post it here.

Re: Direct3D 10/11 Support for Linux

Actually this is very motivating news without a doubt. And also I have got the two questions those are:
    1. I know that kit is stable but I want to know that for how long before it is stable enough for the "prime time"?
    2. And in this the second question is that is there any kind of IP issues. Because of that it could allow the Microsoft to shut this down. So I think you get that what I mean here. So if anybody know related to this issue then please help me.

What they are in real implementing is it Direct3D? And when most of the people tend to think of DirectX as a 3D library, so at that time it has a bit more than this. I unluckily tend to utilize the two terms interchangeably. So that is why I have edited my post to make it correct that. In real Gallium3D it is an open source graphic driver. And it is for the several of the graphic card. So regarding this I have this much of information.

Here I want to know that if that is a question, so you should phrase it as "Is Gallium3D to Direct3d as Wine is to Windows. The word which you order it is used to make determining whether that is a question or a statement difficult to do. And if I assume that it is like a question then my answer for your question is no. Actually Gallium3D is not a reimplementation of Direct3D. And for the Linux it is totally new graphic stack for Linux operating system. It is capable of put into practice a lot of different graphics APIs, of which Direct3D is only one. So just look this hope you will get the solution of your problem.