Thread: Dual boot with the Parallels or Bootcamp

Dual boot with the Parallels or Bootcamp

I am having a brand new Apple MAC book laptop with the iOS. Which is very much impressed me with the features and the look of the laptop. Now I am willing to make the dual boot in my laptop with the Windows 7 operating system. I am having no such information regarding the dual boot technique with the windows operating system and the Apple operating system. What are the applications are using for that opertaion? Can anyone tell me the information about the dual booting into my laptop? How to do this operation?

Re: Dual boot with the Parallels or Bootcamp

You can tried the dual boot operation with the Parallels or the another program which is known as the Bootcamp, these two applications are used for the dual boot operation in the Apple machine or in the other systems, it can able you to install the windows operating system with the Apple iOS. This will make the partition of the primary drive that you are using for the installation for the operating system in your machine. The Bootcamp application is also works in the virtual machine of any windows version. You can apply the Bootcamp in either the virtual machine or in the secondary drive, which is for if you wish to install the operating system in some other drive of the machine.

Start the Parallels on your computer with the MAC OSX, for that go to the new option under the File menu of the window. Where you should ask for which type of the operating system you need to install in your machine. Choose the type of the operating system. Other that choose the option "Windows Express" after that choose the "Custom" and then select the operating system version that you wish to install in your machine. If you trying this for the virtual machine then you should select for the size of the RAM which is allocate for the virtual machine. Use the application by that you are going to make the dual bootable machine. In the virtual machine you will have to specify the network interface that you will use for the virtual machine and your Mac OS X system. Select for the dual boot operation into the system.

I did the dual boot in my virtual windows vista PC, so while you doing the dual pc in the first step you should have to run the virtual machine. During that it will ask you for the administrator password of the machine to execute the operation. If you are using the Parallels then this will not important to provide the administrator password in the computer. The Parallels program will configure with the machine before making the operation. A warning will might be appear during that time this will warn you regarding the any hardware of the machine, like the mouse is not working with the application that you running. Don’t ignore the message, simply shut down the computer and before that come out from all of the program that was running in the process. Again try to do the operation, this time it will create no problem then you can easily make the dual boot in your virtual machine. Just follow the screen instruction to install that one.

As per my knowledge the Parallels is a "program in the pure computer sense. This will designed to allow the program in the virtual machine with the same computer, but in some other platform. Another application which is known as the VMWare, this one is also do the same work. In the Microsoft virtual PC all the programs are designed with some of the solution regarding the program in the platform. I did the dual boot program in the virtual machine that I am using with the windows Vista operating system. So i8f you are using the Microsoft machine with the program then try with the solution those are provided by the Microsoft itself.