Thread: Building Wine with directX 3D acceleration

Building Wine with directX 3D acceleration

I am using mackbook with mac OS X. I want to know how to build wine with direct 3D acceleration support on this system. Is it possible to use X.org on the system instead of using apple X11. I have referred this site wineHQ page support which is disabled. I want to know is it possible building this. Please suggest me how to get such support. Any help.

Re: Building Wine with directX 3D acceleration

The WINE is more realistic than ever on Mac OS as the Apple Inc. shifted to Intel platform. For such support in macOS X you need to go with X11. But you should to remember that wine is written for LINUX actually and it just uses the fact of graphic user interface standard which is X11. While Mac OS X appear with X11 it is not the evade Apple GUI. You can verify if you have X11 by open the Finder which you can find under Applications and then go to the Utilities. I think you can build the wine in your mac OSX. Try doing this through X11 which is in the mac.

To building such wine support to the mac system you need Xcode with X11 SDK. These are the tools needed to build and compile the wine. You can get it freely on the mac user. Just note down one thing that your Xcode version should be 2.4.1 or any latest version which you can find on the internet. If you are using the DVD will give you a syntax error which you will need while compiling wine on mac.

You can build the wine in your mac system with minimal fuss for building the wine with this you need the following things which should be installed in the system.
    1. X11/XQuartz - If you are using Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or latest version, you can also install X11 from the Mac OS X installation DVD by running the not obligatory installs package.
    2. Xcode - Xcode is built-in on your Mac OS X installation DVD in the not obligatory Installs file or install any of the version that was came with your mac system's DVD
    3. You can also download the latest version of Xcode from the Apple web site. If you are not interested in installing this then you can use the CoreAudioSDK and X11SDK packages.

I have a scripted method which you can use to build the wine support to your system. This method can be put together so that you can simplify the installation from the source. I am giving you many additional packages which are used to build a wine installation. They are as follows:
    • Fink description package.
    • Macports wine-devel package description
    these two packages you can use to built a wine on mac.

I think it is very important to tell you that you will require to resource envy each time you mean to compile a package, no issue if it is the Solaris version. Note that soon after on svn that comes with jds is supposed too older for updating SFE depository, so I assume building your personal or obtain one from Blast wave. Keep in mind to always resource the env. It put up appropriate paths and surroundings variables. Building wine need a few additional packages, which will be scheduled for you later than you issue the following in SFE directory?
    • pkgtool --build SFEwine.spec
    • pkgtool --build --interactive SFEwine.spec
    • pkgtool --build --interactive --pkgformat=ds SFEwine.spec