Thread: Mac pro with OS 10.6.2 doesn't allow to install windows xp home edition

Mac pro with OS 10.6.2 doesn't allow to install windows xp home edition

Is it possible to install the windows XP Home edition (service pack 3) on my Mac pro which is running on Mac OS 10.6.2? I asked this question because I tried it. I followed the step by step procedure of installation. The installation doesn’t let to complete it. What could be the problem? Should I have to do any upgrade in my Mac?

Re: Mac pro with OS 10.6.2 doesn't allow to install windows xp home edition

I found that you are trying to install the windows XP home edition in your Mac box. It is a good idea but , tell what version of XP you are trying to installing right now, Retail or OEM? Or the copyrighted disk? Or the computer manufacturer version CD which comes along with the computer when bought it? If you are trying to install from such kind sources then the original Mac you currently have does not allow it continue.

Use the original XP CD or DVD other than ISO file. And yes, you are installing on the same partition or the drive which already have OS X. If there are any other drives are available remove them before continuing. The XP does not deal with GPT very well. Leave only that drive in which you are going to install the windows XP. Why you have to do this because some time the XP installation doesn’t prompts the user where to install and which drive to format.

First of all you have to check how much the diskspace is assigned to Windows Drive or partition. Also you have to do the reformatting of that partition. If you don’t know about the reformat then see it from the Bootcamp installation manual. If these things don’t work at all check your XP CD, by mistake you might have bought the upgrade CD instead of Full installation.