Thread: Smart card/CAC readers with windows server

Smart card/CAC readers with windows server

I am using the Windows server from a long time and now I wanted to test the smart card or you can say the CAC readers or the reader functionality with the Windows server. The function that I wanted to perform is that the server to log out of the Windows when a card is removed or ejected from the reader. So, please provide me the solution to resolve the the problem any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated.

Re: Smart card/CAC readers with windows server

Before the solution i just wanted to know the version of the windows Server that you are going to use with the Smart card or the CAC readers and the system configuration that you are going to use with these windows server. These information allows me to resolve your issue in a better manner, so please provide the details to get the solution.

I wanted to use the services on the Microsoft Windows server 2003 and on the Microsoft Windows server 2008.I am using the acer laptop which has a 160 GB hard drive and there is a 2.4 GHz processor in the laptop along with the 2 GB RAM memory. So, please provide me the solution to overcome the problem and how i can use the CAC readers with the Windows server.

With Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Window Server 2008, doing this usually requires 3rd party security SSO software. It's a slight easier with Server 2008 R2 surroundings and the domain should be 2008 R2, but it's not 100% seamless to use this service. You still necessitate to believe an SSO answer if you want end-to-end smartcard logons for all if you run inheritance clients, but if you desire to use a smart card for AD and safety verification, this will resolve your problem.