Thread: How to Install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 from a flash drive

How to Install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 from a flash drive

I want to install the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 in my Acer laptop from the flash drive or from the thumb drive. One of my friend given me the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on a Kingston pen drive but I does not know the procedure to install it in the laptop. So I wanted to know the procedure to solve this problem; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve this issue.

Re: How to Install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 from a flash drive

Before the installation can be done it is important to know that what are you system configuration for the installation as it requires a specific system configuration for the installation of the Microsoft Windows Server 2008. So first tell me the system configuration that you are going to use for the given laptop. As per my knowledge it requires a minimum of 512 RAM and a 1.8 GHz processor along with the 32 GB of the hard drive for the installation, if your laptop satisfies all the criteria the you will be able to make the installation of the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 in your laptop. The requirements are DVD drive, Super VGA or higher-resolution monitor and the Keyboard and Internet access which are the basic requirements for the installation.

The system configuration that you have mentioned above is satisfied by my laptop and as I have a hard drive of 260 GB along with the 2 GB of RAM memory. In addition to that it has a 2.4 GHz of processor and a very fast internet access. So, now I wanted to know the procedure of installing the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 in my laptop that will allow me to create a server on the network. Please provide an appropriate solution to this problem; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the issue.

To install the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on your laptop from the USB drive or the flash drive you need to follow the given below steps;

• First you need to Load a prominent command prompt And from there follow the given steps as go to the start menu and then all programs ->> accessories ->>right select on “Command Prompt” and select on “Run as Administrator”.
    • After that you need to Type in “diskpart” and enter key.
    • Then you will have to type Next each to follow commands in individual order at the “DISKPART>” command prompts.
    • Then go to the list disk.
    • Then select disk 2.
    • After that you need to select clean.
    • Then create partition primary.
    • select partition 1.
    • After that active and type format fs=fat32 followed by the assign.
    • Finally select the exit to complete the installation.

To do the installation of the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 from a flash memory you need to first go in the C: drive from the command prompt and then follow the location as \system32>diskpart and then select disk one there after that create partition primary and then you need to select the format fs=fat32 quick and then it will show a message as 100 percent completed. After that make active and finally exit toy complete the process. These will complete the installation and you will get the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 installed on the laptop.

To install the Microsoft Windows server 2008 or the Enterprise edition you have to follow the given steps as below;

• First you need to set-up or format the USB flash memory drive to FAT32 file scheme and after that you need to follow the steps in the command prompt.
    • Then you have to duplicate Microsoft Windows server 2008 DVD ROM content to the pen drive that you are going to use in the system.
    • After that Setup your computer BIOS to boot from flash drive options.
    • Then start the Install Microsoft Windows server 2008 from USB memory drive.
    • Finally you need to install Microsoft Windows server 2008 from flash memory drive to complete the process of installation.