Thread: unable to clone my windows XP Pro partition on Mac

unable to clone my windows XP Pro partition on Mac

I have tried to clone my windows XP but somehow I am not able to do the same. Whenever I try to clone the partition it gave me two errors messages saying that” Opening '/dev/disk5' as NTFS failed: Resource busy” and also “Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred. (Error code -61)”. The thing here is that I am not able to understand the error and also I don’t know why it is not allowing me to clone the partition. Actually I was trying to clone the C drive of mine where I have stored all my program files. I was doing it just to keep a backup of my XP. Bu it is not allowing me to do so. Please help me in solving this case to resolve the problem.

Re: unable to clone my windows XP Pro partition on Mac

why don’t you try the winclone it will help you to solve your problem. The winclone is the software that allows you to do the partition on boot camp and also backup it if required. The thing here is that it will help you to keep back up of the windows XP and also it is compatible on Mac. As there is no compatibility issue it will also not give any unwanted errors while cloning the partition. I have recently used it on my system and it works fine for me. Also it didn’t gave me any errors what so ever, so I suggest you to use the winclone software for the cloning the partition and I am sure that it will help you to solve the problem.

In this case I will suggest you to use the Norton Ghost software that will help you to do the partition. Here the thing is that it will not give you any compatibility issues, and also you will not get the errors which you were getting earlier. It has many handy tools that will help you to perform multiple tasks. Its major advantage is that it provides the many freeware utilities. Now when you copy any partition like say C drive from any old hard disk to the new one of yours then Ghost automatically creates extra space in the new hard disk. I hope that you will understand the logic and will use this software to its best.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is issue in the file system of yours. The file system of yours must be dirty. The first thing you have to clean it. Now what you have to do is follow the below steps:
    • You have to click on the start button
    • And then you have to run the "chkdsk /f /r" from the Windows shell
    • And restart the system
    • Now on this it will make a disk check that will help your system to clean.
    • After that try and make the partition as you want i think it will not give you any sort of problem again.

I was also facing the similar problem and due to it i unusual errors while cloning my c drive. But when i used the Acronis software which is the advanced one and all help you to solve your problem. It helps you to reduce all the problems that are associated with the cloning. It provide you the best cloning you have ever noticed. Here are some of the exciting features of it :
    • Moving to a larger capacity HDD
    • Upgrading Windows
    • Defending against software problems

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also forgiving the proper solutions. The thing here is that it helped me to do the cloning and by using the software mentioned by you. The software that were mentioned by me helped me a lot to fix my problem. Actually i was able to clone the C drive of mine and also was able to use it later on.