Thread: Configuring Disk Mirroring for Windows Server 2008 R2

Configuring Disk Mirroring for Windows Server 2008 R2

I am having an issue regarding which i need to work on. I am worried about the data loss and that is why need to know about the RAID configuration. I am using the Windows Server 2008 R2 and come to know that there is disk mirroring option available for the same which can be useful for same. But as i am not having any knowledge about the same so please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring Disk Mirroring for Windows Server 2008 R2

One way to avoid the risk of data loss is to set up a RAID configuration. In Windows Server 2008 R2, you can set up disk mirroring (RAID1) for the operating system volume by using only tools already built into the operating system. Such a disk mirror does not prevent corruption or other errors, so you should also maintain a plan for backing up data regularly. This document details the steps to follow to set up the operating system volume mirror for both BIOS-based and UEFI-based systems. Download and installed the Configuring Disk Mirroring for Windows Server 2008 R2 from the official site i.e. Microsoft and follow the below given instruction for same.

To start the download, click the Download button, and then do one of the following:
    1. To start the download immediately, click Open.
    2. To copy the download to your computer for viewing at a later time, click Save.
    3. To cancel the download, click Cancel.

Re: Configuring Disk Mirroring for Windows Server 2008 R2

I'm far from mastering the various aspects of these technologies, but if there's one thing to remember is thatit is not an alternative to a policy of good backup. These technologies are here to provide a solution for fault-tolerant hardware and improved performance and increase capacity.

Where is the problem with having just one disk mirroring between x as the only way to "improved performance or increase capacity.

• The disks make the soul and you've lost everything
    • A software bug causes the corruption of your business-critical files, you have potentially lost everything
    • Mishandling will delete those files, You've lost everything

Mirroring is not a backup solution. the corruption/loss of data is replicated as well.

I think to be well aware of the problem the question to ask is:
    Disaster, you prefer to lose a day (depending on backup frequency) of work or put the key under the door?

I do not control either the different backup solutions, but talk to the person who annoys you because he refuses to reconcile the privileges on the SI with the seniority of the company.

There may be, among x versions more or less standard hardware or software, a solution that provided backup features but in general I consider that this is not the case