Thread: Transferring old windows backup to new macbook pro

Transferring old windows backup to new macbook pro

I have recently purchased a brand new macbook pro and I want to transfer my old windows data in to it. Please help me to do the same. Since I am not aware of how to transfer the windows data, so please let me know how to do the same. Will doing this will cause any harm to MBP, and if yes then how to protect it from that because I need the windows data badly.

Re: Transferring old windows backup to new macbook pro

The best way to do it is sharing the windows data on the network then on the mac. The thing here is that if you want the windows data badly then there is no need of doing and transferring the windows data on the Mac. What you have to do here is that just share the data on network that will help you to use all the important files without importing the same on your new system. It may create issues like compatibility on the new system that is mac in this case. So it is better to share the data on network rather than moving all the data on the MAC

I have gopne through your problem and it seems to me that if you have to transfer the old windows data then you have to follow the following steps:
    • Insert your Windows XP CD into the drive and, if necessary, double-click the CD icon in My Computer.
    • On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen, click Perform Additional Tasks.
    • Click Browse this CD.
    • In Windows Explorer, double-click the ValueAdd folder, then Msft, and then Ntbackup.
    • Double-click Ntbackup.msi to install the Backup utility.

According to me if you have to transfer all your old windows data then you have to create the backup file in the same system and then burn that file and install it on the other system in which you want to save all the old data. What you have to do is do is just create and fbk extension file on the system. Now you have to insert a disk and burn the same fbk extension file and copy the data on new mac the you have recently purchased.

First of all thank you all of you considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution. But the thing here is that I am still unable to take the backup from the old windows. Please can you give me the detailed step by step representation to take the back so it will be more helpful me. And also let me how to install the same back up on my MAC.

As asked by you here are the steps that will help you to take the back up from the old windows system:
    1. First of all click on the start button and then click select the all programs option.
    2. After that you have to select the accessories from the list.
    3. And then click on system tools and after that you will see the backup option.
    4. Just click on it.
    5. After clicking on the backup button a “Backup or restore wizard” window will open
    6. where it will ask you to back ant particular section.
    7. Then you have to select the one you require.
    8. After that you have to decide where to save the backup, lets say that you save it on the my documents folder.
    9. Now burn the same file on the disk
    10. And then paste it on another system whichever you want.