Thread: Limit Print Spooler Service in Windows Terminal Server

Limit Print Spooler Service in Windows Terminal Server

I am running the computer with the Windows Server 2003 and installed the Terminal Services to manage the more then 80 computer on the same. Also allowed the PC to share there job on terminal server like printing etc. But the problem is that after a certain period time the spooler services become crowded on the terminal and then only thing to get rid of the same is to restart the spooler service. Is there anything that will set the print job and auto refresh after definite time interval. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Limit Print Spooler Service in Windows Terminal Server

There is no alternate way by which you can make this thing working with the same. But if you are looking to work with the issue the i will advise you to schedule a task for refreshing the Spooler service. For that you have to create a BAT file which is having the detail about the Net stop Spooler && net start Spooler. Now create a task that will run the bat file automatically. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting it work with the issue of yours or not. I hope this will help you with the automatically restart of the Print Spooler while they are over crowded on the Terminal Services.

Dr. V Guest

First let me know which Terminal Server you are using. If you are using the older version of the same you might get this issue with the same. I am using the Terminal Server 2008 and does not getting issue of the same. The same is not having any kind of the issue with the Print Spooler Service. It automatically balances the limit of the Spooler services and manage then accordingly. So if you are looking to get rid of the same then i will advise you to go with the terminal server 2008 and see whether you like it not. Spooler services are generated when

Terminal Services provides printer redirection, which routes printing jobs from a server to a printer that is attached to a client computer or to a shared printer that is available to the client computer. When a user establishes a remote session with a terminal server, the redirected printer will be available to applications running in the remote session. By default, a Windows Server 2008 terminal server first tries to use the Terminal Services Easy Print driver. If the client computer does not support this driver, the terminal server looks for a matching printer driver installed on the terminal server. You can either install a matching printer driver on the terminal server, or you can create a custom printer mapping file. If you can then check out the Microsoft for more help.