Thread: How to use oems Windows XP for bootcamp?

How to use oems Windows XP for bootcamp?

Hi I am having a MacBook Pro and using it from last few months. Now is it possible for me to use the oems XP on my laptop. The thing is that I want to try and install the oems XP through the Bootcamp utility. Does anyone ever have tried this thing and is it possible to do the same thing here also. Please help in this case and let me know how to install the oems XP. Is it possible for me to do so if not then I have decided to install the windows 7. So please let me know whether to install the windows 7.

Re: How to use oems Windows XP for bootcamp?

The oems XP that you are talking about is a original one? Did you got the same with your system? The thing here is that if you will have got the oems XP from any of the PC then it is meant for that system only. You can’t use on your macbook pro because it is the original copy and will work on that particular system only. So what you have to here is that just don’t try and use on your system. It will not work for your system.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that it depends on the version of the oems XP that you are trying to install. Since you have to purchase it from the official windows product dealer, and also the original copy. The thing here is that if you will try and install the oems XP then it must be SP2 or SP3 and less than SP2 will not work on your system. So better try to check the version that you are installing and if it is compatible than install it. Also let me know what version you are trying to install, because knowing the version will help me to advice you the best.

I will suggest you to go with the windows 7 operating system. Actually it is the advanced version than the windows XP. Though you are getting the originall version of it I will still suggest to go with the windows 7 only. Because it has better features than the windows XP SP2 or SP3. Here are some of the features of windows 7 that will attract you toward it:
    1. Takes the headache out of sharing files and printers on a home network.
    2. Speedy access to your favorite pictures, songs, websites, and documents
    3. A suite of great programs in one free download. Mail, Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, and more.
    4. Find virtually anything on your PC, instantly.
    5. Windows 7 makes the most of powerful 64-bit PCs, the new desktop standard.
    6. Redecorate your desktop with fun new themes, slide shows, or handy gadget
    7. Designed to sleep and resume quicker, be less memory hungry, and spot USB devices faster.
    8. Pair Windows 7 with a touch screen and you won't always need a keyboard or mouse.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for finding the solution. But still I am unable to decide anything, actually I have brought the oems XP before and it worked fine for me and haven’t gave me any kind of problem. And now I have decided to get a windows XP pro, so is it possible for me to get the same over the net or I have to purchase it from the official Microsoft dealer. Please help me in this case and let me know whether to stick with it or to go with the windows 7.

I was also facing the similar kind of confusion that you are currently facing. The thing here is that you have to first decide which version to take if you are clear with it then you can easily buy one. According to me it is better to buy an oems product from the official Microsoft dealer only. Because they are the only one who will provide you the original copy of it. An also you have to go with the XP pro only if you are getting the original version. And if it is not the oems XP than better to go with the windows 7 since it is the advanced version of it .