Thread: Chkdsk Bug in lovely Windows 7

Chkdsk Bug in lovely Windows 7

I have latest operating system that is Windows 7. I usually run a full disk check on a external hard disk such as Universal Serial Bus (USB) or eSATA. And all remaining memory you have got be consumed and the system stops responding as the system halts due to some kind of bug. This type error usually occurs on a various machine having the 64 bit version. I don’t have the idea whether the 32 bit version is affected.

Re: Chkdsk Bug in lovely Windows 7

I have come to the conclusion that it may or may not be some kind of hardware problem, and its not the case with your issues too, that Windows 7 better than Vista it may be, does have its flaws and freezing, throwing random errors out seems to be two of them I have experienced and have to put it down to Windows 7 and not hardware related. Perhaps every now and again it ever so slightly corrupts an install only to feel like its working right for so long before problems start appearing and slowly get worse. Perhaps that or perhaps we will have to wait for a sp1? I am not sure. What I do know is I actually feel like going back to Vista sometimes cause my machine work good.

I do also have windows 7, this was reported since beta and Microsoft's response to this is that it is not the bug. It is related some kind of hardware difference. Where as in case of the windows XP or Windows Vista such kind of problem has not yet been raised. What can I do is I will ask for someone to send me chkdsk.exe application from vista having the 64 bit processor. I have to regularly do disk checks on customers’ hard disk on my machine. I can regularly check the chkdsk.

In Microsoft windows 7, it have enough CPU power and RAM that it really should be possible to design a tool like that can operate without dragging system performance down. You probably have a corrupt entry for Error Checking in the registry. A System Restore point would probably fix that. If you make a restore point, and delete this value, you will probably fix it.

I following steps may solve your problem.1) go to the Start – All programs – Accessories.2) Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. 3) Type fsutil dirty query c: and press ENTER, If the result = DIRTY then type the following….CHKNTFS /X C: and then press ENTER. 4) Reboot the PC. Windows should boot normally instead of running the check. 5) Reopen the Administrator Command Prompt.chkdsk /f /r c: and press ENTER to run CHKDSK. 6) Type the following when the check has finished, fsutil dirty query c: and press ENTER. The result for it is, it will CLEAN. And finally close the command prompt.

I installed and then clean the Windows 7 x64 on my new computer. And allowed windows to do all. I have tried every “fix” you can find – none works. I’ve disabled autchkdsk now. Tried to contact support, thinking it would be free, since there’s so much web traffic out there on this, and on Microsoft’s TechNet, but they want me to pay them. Imagine any other company asking you to pay them to fix a faulty product. This type of bug can only be solved by the Microsoft.