Thread: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed

I had recently purcased a innovative hard drive, replaced the previous one and endeavor to reinstall XP Home edition. I encompass an XP Home Edition Service pack 2 disc burned by means of the intention of I had purchased it from a computer technician a at the same time as ago for my Cicero when it was giving me tribulations. The installation went extremely well in anticipation of I got to the part where it was endeavoring to essentially install XP. It gave me a communication by means of the intention of said "The file "asms" on WinXP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD is desirable" and beneath it was the directory leading to GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROMO\1386 at present, I do not be familiar by means of where the asms file is or what directory I be supposed to have to type in. And I in addition do not ever remember coming across this tribulations previous to when I endeavor to reinstall windows utilizing this CD. What might be the issue, what I supposed to do here.

Re: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed

I have encompassed a extremely comparable other than slightly dissimilar twist to the ASMS tribulations. The error log says: installation failed d:\i386\asms. Error communication: the system not be able to locate the path particular I am doing a repair inaugurate on an previous Dell GX110. I have innovative Dell XPSp2 and XPSP3 CDs. There are too numerous previous programs with the intention of the customer does not encompass the install packages for so a clean install is out. If I encompass the CD in, it immediately errors out. Without the CD, I get encouraged for D:\I386. I be able to eliminate harddrive and connect to a good system with USB adapter to do copies to it, run Windows chkdsk, and antivirus scans by means of AVG and Malwarebytes.

I had this difficulty and endeavor the whole thing. I was utilizing an exterior cd rom as the internal was not running. It turned out by means of the intention of on one occasion I misrepresented the USB cable the whole thing worked extremely well. The USB cable had malfunctioned. I completed a copy of my XP disk and as I got pop-ups telling me with the intention of it might not locate whatever file, I would immediately switch out the cd's.

It worked approximating a champ for me. It's due to be deficient in of communication by means of the CD-Rom, particularly when reinstalling windows on a Mini system. Physically enter D:\i386 or the CD-rom letter if additional than D. At the same time as Checking device manager (subsequent to shit f10) I originate together of the disk drives where put out of action simply enabling would not assist have to bring up to date driver I tranquil do not be familiar with the reason. I do not be familiar with how it worked for the reason with the intention of I had endeavor the similar thing regarding a 50 times b4 other than it did not run for me.

I had immediately had the equivalent error "the file 'asms' on windows xp is missing" whilst I was endeavoring to install a brand innovative copy of XP on my desktop. I had endeavor rebooting regarding 5 times. I in addition tried utilizing an additional XP CD-ROM, presently in case the primary one was damaged, additional than to no avail. The tribulations seemed to be for the reason by means of the intention of I had an usb stick plugged in by inaccuracy. On one occasion I took the stick out, rebooted, hey presto, Windows XP finishes the rest of the installation.

The solution is uncomplicated you necessitate to insert your windows xp disk into an additional system and copy the i386 folder to an additional location. Preferably something similar to a usb stick or in my case an ipod when inquire to insert the windows disk basically revolutionize the search position to your selected apparatus (usb stick or ipod). Then extremely simply alienated the CD and Hard drive. One was on the most important IDE correlation on the motherboard, and the additional was on the Secondary correlation. My system permits me to tell which to boot commencing. Other than subsequent to HOURS of frustration, a uncomplicated reconnect inside and XP installed easily.