Thread: How to install XP from USB?

How to install XP from USB?

My system hard drive currently expired so that is why I have to reinstall the windows on it. And I do not have any kind of CD drive so I have to install this by using the USB. Actually I have install windows vista through the USB. And I have done this many times and of course for that I want WinPE2.0 or something on it first. But I do not know that how to do this in the windows XP. And in this I do not want to do any kind of the unnecessary formatting. So please tell me how can I do this?

Re: How to install XP from USB?

Like you buddy I am also going through the same problem I also want to install windows XP but do not know that how to do it. If anybody knows it then please tell me the simplest way. And regarding this I have tried one of the software also but it does not seem to work in my case if anybody have solution of this please post it as soon as it is possible for you. I just want to thanks you in advance.

If you want solution for your issue then for windows XP you can try the WinPE 2.0 software. Because when I want to install the windows XP by using the USB then I mostly use this software. You are able to utilize the WinPE 2.0 and utilize XP Setup source folder on USB-stick. You have to do one thing in that you just extract U_XP_SET package in to the USB-drive. And after the booting with the WinPE 2.0 from the USB you are able to run USB_XP_Setup.exe to get ready your hard disk to Install XP. So you just try this.

According to me it looks really very complicated. And if I take the example of the Vista then I just want to tell you that it is bad. Actually it is my experience with the vista. And what is all that stuff with LiveXP, Win2003 and GRUB4DOS? And is all are really required? And also I wanted to utilize the WinPE2.0 on my existing USB drive only to reduce the some of the workload. But after that it seems little bit complex as starting from scratch.